Charl
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 19, 2012
- Messages
- 3,091
- Reaction score
- 4,794
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Rhode Island
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Hey, Where's the Middle?
Probably out there somewhere, and if I'm lucky, one of these years......
i spotted the longer piece pressed into the hard pan of a farm lane surrounding a field back in the summer of 2010. At the time, I wondered if I had just been walking right by it every time I walked around the field. Then this year, the farmer plowed up the farm track itself and incorporated it into a new field. Out there hunting with the Mrs. week before last and when she called out she had found the end of a pestle, and I looked up to see her standing where the farm lane had once been, and right where I found the pestle fragment, I pretty much knew right away it was the same pestle.
Naturally, couldn't wait to see if the pieces locked right in, but I knew it would be a pretty small pestle, and sure enough no luck. So, maybe someday we'll have a complete pestle. If you walk long enough, eventually you may conjoin broken artifacts. Most of the time, it will be a point, and not a big tool. First time I did that with a point, I found the tip portion 10 years to the week after finding the small base portion in the same row of a corn field. Seen below...
Probably out there somewhere, and if I'm lucky, one of these years......
i spotted the longer piece pressed into the hard pan of a farm lane surrounding a field back in the summer of 2010. At the time, I wondered if I had just been walking right by it every time I walked around the field. Then this year, the farmer plowed up the farm track itself and incorporated it into a new field. Out there hunting with the Mrs. week before last and when she called out she had found the end of a pestle, and I looked up to see her standing where the farm lane had once been, and right where I found the pestle fragment, I pretty much knew right away it was the same pestle.
Naturally, couldn't wait to see if the pieces locked right in, but I knew it would be a pretty small pestle, and sure enough no luck. So, maybe someday we'll have a complete pestle. If you walk long enough, eventually you may conjoin broken artifacts. Most of the time, it will be a point, and not a big tool. First time I did that with a point, I found the tip portion 10 years to the week after finding the small base portion in the same row of a corn field. Seen below...
Attachments
Upvote
0








