Hey Yall, from Mississippi

Oct 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Y'all, from Mississippi

Hi Y'all,

I am totally clueless on how this posting stuff works, so please disregard if this is not in the proper place. My user name is SeekerOfStones because I am also a genealogist, and often search cemeteries for headstone information. That being said, I would not mind finding a pretty little ring with a giant stone in it either !

While looking over TreasureNet, I noticed a forum for dowsing. Both my husband and myself can "witch water." I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous to some of you. That is exactly what I thought, also, when I first saw it done. We use a forked branch of a fruit bearing tree...........oh well, I will save that for the dowsing forum.

My husband and I metal detect for Civil War relics. We live in NorthEast MS, very close to the Battle of Iuka site. My husband has detected for years, and we are somewhat antiquated ourselves now, so the "all day" hunts are in our past. We are both retired.

The weather here is wonderful (70's) so we are going to try to find some cooperative dirt tomorrow. He hunts with a Garrett ?? and I have a Tesoro Cibola. I love the Tesoro! It is soooo light-weight compared in the detectors of yesteryear! I had a White metal detector many years ago, it was a good detector back in "the day." Technology has surely improved.

Just wanted to swap howdy's with everyone and send wishes of fun hunts to everybody !

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, hello from Morocco!!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Seeker!Husband and I like to metal detect. We are from New Hampshire and go to the beach to hunt, often.

I also like geneaology and have traced many members of my birth family (I am adopted) through the online sites.

Check out the group "The Women of TreasureNet". We'd love to have you join the group.

Welcome again.

HH (Happy Hunting),
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread