What's new

Hi all! hoping to find a friendly dutch translator

Davejack

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi all first post here:) My name is Dave and hail from western australia, i've been lurking around for a little while on this site and found it most helpful, especially for relic restoration.

I was hoping someone on this site could help me out a little. I've been researching one of the mysteries on our coast. A story of marooned sailors from a wrecked VOC ship from the mid seventeenth century. A long story short I have a modern day (well 1947) translation of the skippers log of one of the ships sent to search for the missing sailors, my only problem is its written in dutch. I'm trying to put together a map of the coast with the most likely landing places of the search party. I have managed to translate his recordings of latitudes, weather and wreckage found on the days spent charting the coast but i would love to be able make sense of the rest of the journal to try and understand a bit more of how the search went. I keep hitting road blocks on the good old google translate. unfortunately i have no contacts that can translate being fluent in dutch writing and english.

If someone knows anyone who would be willing to give it a shot that'd be so helpful to me. Its not long only about 4 or so A4 scanned pages.

Would love some help!

Much appreciated

Dave
 
HUUM sounds like fun --send me a copy of it and I'll see what I can do.

Ivan R Salis
PO box 1423
Callahan , Florida USA 32011-1423
 
Awesome, thanks Ivan much appreciated, sent you a private message,anyone else interested in giving it a shot i can email files as soon as anyone wants them :icon_thumleft:
 
Just use Google Translate! Easy :headbang:

Davejack said:
Hi all first post here:) My name is Dave and hail from western australia, i've been lurking around for a little while on this site and found it most helpful, especially for relic restoration.

I was hoping someone on this site could help me out a little. I've been researching one of the mysteries on our coast. A story of marooned sailors from a wrecked VOC ship from the mid seventeenth century. A long story short I have a modern day (well 1947) translation of the skippers log of one of the ships sent to search for the missing sailors, my only problem is its written in dutch. I'm trying to put together a map of the coast with the most likely landing places of the search party. I have managed to translate his recordings of latitudes, weather and wreckage found on the days spent charting the coast but i would love to be able make sense of the rest of the journal to try and understand a bit more of how the search went. I keep hitting road blocks on the good old google translate. unfortunately i have no contacts that can translate being fluent in dutch writing and english.

If someone knows anyone who would be willing to give it a shot that'd be so helpful to me. Its not long only about 4 or so A4 scanned pages.

Would love some help!

Much appreciated

Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom