Hi All

ArtnSoul

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I'm hoping to find someone who could possibly identify a rock that my Dad found 50+ years ago in Maryland, along the waters edge of the Chesapeake. They have already taken it to a local college and the geology professors don't know what is. If I'm on the wrong site for this, I apologize. I'm really interested in finding out what it is for my parents. Thank you so much for any help. I will have pics to post, if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the forum.

tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard ArtnSoul! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider posting your rock(s) on Geological > Rocks/Gems.

Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Welcome to tnet from Mi Tommy

Welcome to the forums from middle Georgia. Surprised someone didn't tell ya but you could take a photo and introduce in the Geological forums, or what is it forum. Anyway, some here might be able to help or are familiar with it. If all else fails there is a retired Professor of Geology from Missouri Western State University, his name is Dr. Lee Evinger. He is still living in Savannah, Missouri as far as I know you might be able to google or look him up for help since he's the best I know. Best of luck and once again welcome...

:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana..."D"

You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome to our community!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back