Hi from Rio Rancho

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Jim, for 6 yrs I cruised N M for 2 weeks every yr to detect ghost towns. Through the yrs, I collected old info on N M concerning gold, ghost towns, and 'lost cities'. I traveled only in the lower half all over the place....I had fun.

OP
OP
xxJimboxx

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
TEK 4000,TEK G2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Goose, did you ever have to receive special permission to search those towns? I know of a few up in the east Sandias I want to check out soon ... any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated....

Last edited:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I have old road maps of many states and I looked on a N M road map (1930) and compared it to a modern N M road map. There were many towns on the old map that weren't on the new map. I made a list of locations of 12 towns that weren't on the new map and sought them out. I only found 3 of them and detected them. The 3 were just some rubble and were small (500' x 500'), but I did find some common silver. I'll dig out some of my info (books & maps) and let you know what's in your area. I'd also drive many back roads looking for abandoned buildings and detect them.

OP
OP
xxJimboxx

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds fun Goose, i need to find me some old maps of this area thanks for the tip :)

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Jim, go to an antique store and see if they have any maps. Look for at least one (possibly 2) N M map from BEFORE 1950. They shouldn't cost more than $6. If you get one, compare it to a modern N M map. Also, look up ghost towns on the net.

OP
OP
xxJimboxx

xxJimboxx

Nov 19, 2014
Rio Rancho New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Korn....where you from? If you don't mind me asken....

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A group that I found a year ago is the Albuquerque Gem and Mineral Club. They have access to many mines and hunting grounds not open to most. I've gone to places I never could have on my own. PM me and let me know if interested and I'll give you details.

nnieto505

Sep 20, 2013
I'm pretty much into the same. Got an x-terra 705 gold pack, gold pans, river back pack sluice. Interested in everything from rock hounding, prospecting, relic hunting and wanting to head out searching for some of the lost treasure tales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread