Hi-ho silver-o! 800 WM Rodgers teapot

Deadaman

Jul 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D2B466B6-AD92-4FE8-B1DB-2310A34CA86F.jpeg
Hello! Iā€™ve recently found a set of tea pitchers with WM Rodger 800 stamps. I know WM Rodgers usually makes plated antiquities, so Iā€™m wondering if this stamp is true. Thanks, and happy hunting!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Deadaman

Unfortunately not silver, but silver plate.

You will find web sources saying it means the piece is .800 fine solid silver or even that it means the plating is .800 fine. This comes mostly from eBay sellers whose information feeds into other sites including Worthpoint et al, but it's incorrect. The '800' is a series number that relates to the pattern/style and has nothing to do with silver purity.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good lesson learned. That's the best way to learn what to look for - go out in the wild, find things, make mistakes, go back again the next day. There really is no other way. So I would count this as a win for your knowledge bank.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good lesson learned. That's the best way to learn what to look for - go out in the wild, find things, make mistakes, go back again the next day. There really is no other way. So I would count this as a win for your knowledge bank.
I like to call it "failing forward"
Do it alotšŸ™ƒ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread