Hide your silver

Mine is in a SDB. When it fills.....get another box. When that one fills.....get another box.....ha! You definitely do not want large amounts of silver in your house. That is a small price to pay for a lot of peace of mind...... ;)

Happy Holidays

Another tip....do not throw your empty boxes into your trash for the trash guys to pickup.......

Lejeuene you do mean Boxes right lots of um ::)

lejeuene said:
Another tip....do not throw your empty boxes into your trash for the trash guys to pickup.......

I saved my half dollar boxes for about 1 year. (the brinks boxes) and unfolded them so they would stack flat. There is a huge cardboard baler at the county dump. I take some of my recyclables there once a month. I made sure nobody was close around me and threw my years supply of boxes in making sure to scatter them left to right with the words "500 halves 500 halves 500 halves 500 halves" since they are printed on 4 sides and then unfolded x 70 or boxes. It looked pretty neat. I wish I took a picture.... and maybe hung around a few feet away to see the reaction of the next few people to drop cardboard.

aa battery said:

AA - Months back, one morning my husband went out to get the newspaper just as the trash guys were picking up our trash so my husband decided to wait on them so he could bring the trash cans back. He exchanged greetings with the guys on the truck and one of them was questioning him about all of the empty coin boxes and wrappers.

Now all empty boxes & wrappers go into black trash bags and my husband takes them to the dumpster at his office.

You just never know..........

Lejeuene i understand my daughters EX boyfriend stole gold rings and $450 in clad. Its ok though hes buried in the back yard >:(...aa

soldierman said:
lejeuene said:

I saved my half dollar boxes for about 1 year. (the brinks boxes) and unfolded them so they would stack flat. There is a huge cardboard baler at the county dump. I take some of my recyclables there once a month. I made sure nobody was close around me and threw my years supply of boxes in making sure to scatter them left to right with the words "500 halves 500 halves 500 halves 500 halves" since they are printed on 4 sides and then unfolded x 70 or boxes. It looked pretty neat. I wish I took a picture.... and maybe hung around a few feet away to see the reaction of the next few people to drop cardboard.

Great idea SM. Recycling as well.......very cool. I bet that does look pretty neat seeing the "500 Halves" all over like that.....ha! You know me and pictures SM....now you have to post one.....lol.

aa battery said:
Lejeuene i understand my daughters EX boyfriend stole gold rings and $450 in clad. Its ok though hes buried in the back yard >:(...aa

OMG AA!!! Glad to hear the "EX" part for sure....lol. As we both know, some folks just don't have respect for others and their property so I like to be on the safe side. I've worked too darn hard!

Happy Holidays AA

lejeuene said:
aa battery said:

AA - Months back, one morning my husband went out to get the newspaper just as the trash guys were picking up our trash so my husband decided to wait on them so he could bring the trash cans back. He exchanged greetings with the guys on the truck and one of them was questioning him about all of the empty coin boxes and wrappers.

Now all empty boxes & wrappers go into black trash bags and my husband takes them to the dumpster at his office.

LJ, I remember when you first posted that story. This topic was discussed in a thread earlier in the year. I'm kinda one of those paranoid always thinking the worst and looking ahead types. Plus I watch a lot of crime shows.
So.
From the start, I lay down 2 sheets of newspaper and wad up my wrappers up and toss them on it. When I finish the box I wrap it up into a tight ball and then put it in a non see through plastic grocery sack and tie the ends. I put that in my recycle can (it gets picked up with a mechanical arm so no one is looking in it when it gets dumped). Now here is the fun part. I put the boxes in my trunk. I either go to my local park or another when I MD and toss them in a can when no one is around. Sometimes a couple, sometimes 6 or 8. I often wonder what people think when they see the boxes. If I wasn't a CRHer and saw them I would grab them and give them a shake....LOL

When this topic came up before someone on the board said they would burn all their boxes and wrappers. Where I live that is illegal burning. Unless, as I was told by a fire department officer, if you have ANY fire burning and you put a potato wrapped in foil on it, then it becomes a BBQ and they can't stop you. In other words, if you want to BBQ with paper as your fuel, it's OK....LOL

lejeuene said:
Great idea SM. Recycling as well.......very cool. I bet that does look pretty neat seeing the "500 Halves" all over like that.....ha! You know me and pictures SM....now you have to post one.....lol.

Well I tell ya these boxes I get now are those crappy flat CWI boxes and I'm not looking threw many of them right now 2-3 a month. Hopping for brinks boxes to start showing up again. These boxes are realy light printed yellow and the girls at the bank have trouble reading them + they don't break down flat easy like the brinks boxes did. So I just stomp on them and throw them in the trunk. If I start getting brinks boxes again I will get a picture just for you... I'll even hang around to see if I can get a few reaction shots of the next person to dump some cardboard.

Mine goes to the safety deposit box. Make sure your homeowners insurance covers your safety deposit box because the bank's insurance won't.

I'll never tell where I hide my stash :D :P ;)...heck...hubby don't even know ;D ;D and for thirds, I only post on here what I find in the store tills... ;)

Keep that stuff off site! (out of the house). We all know that most of us are good, honest hardworking people, but I'm willing to bet that that there is at least one lurker that would like to acquire his silver at "less than face".. HH, Gpurs...

Ron and Ann said:
I'll never tell where I hide my stash :D :P ;)...heck...hubby don't even know ;D ;D and for thirds, I only post on here what I find in the store tills... ;)

Ahhh, you are to paranoid. I keep mine buried. As I was pulling off the Buttonwillow exit from I-5 here in CA I saw a bum hitch hiking. I told him I was only going a mile up the dirt road to the old abandoned train bridge. He said that’s where he was heading. HE LIVES THERE. Lucky me! I told him I come up here once a month to put more silver in my cache I have buried there. He said if I bring him a jug or two of Ripple each time I come up he will keep an eye on my cache for me. What luck, you meet the nicest folks when you least expect it. He even helped carry the 6 bags of 40’s (they get a little heavy and make my back hurt) and helped dig and re-bury the cache. I might just bring him some soup next time I go and drop off more silver.

Attachments

• Hobo_and_Hotdogs.jpg
    Hobo_and_Hotdogs.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 477
  • ScreenHunter_02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 475
  • treasureChest.jpg
    treasureChest.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 477
awhitster said:
lejeuene said:
aa battery said:

LJ, I remember when you first posted that story. This topic was discussed in a thread earlier in the year. I'm kinda one of those paranoid always thinking the worst and looking ahead types. Plus I watch a lot of crime shows.
So.
From the start, I lay down 2 sheets of newspaper and wad up my wrappers up and toss them on it. When I finish the box I wrap it up into a tight ball and then put it in a non see through plastic grocery sack and tie the ends. I put that in my recycle can (it gets picked up with a mechanical arm so no one is looking in it when it gets dumped). Now here is the fun part. I put the boxes in my trunk. I either go to my local park or another when I MD and toss them in a can when no one is around. Sometimes a couple, sometimes 6 or 8. I often wonder what people think when they see the boxes. If I wasn't a CRHer and saw them I would grab them and give them a shake....LOL

When this topic came up before someone on the board said they would burn all their boxes and wrappers. Where I live that is illegal burning. Unless, as I was told by a fire department officer, if you have ANY fire burning and you put a potato wrapped in foil on it, then it becomes a BBQ and they can't stop you. In other words, if you want to BBQ with paper as your fuel, it's OK....LOL
or heat your house with them in your fireplace, lol. ;D

Buttonwillow exit? I-5 ? bridge. Thats where i found my wife she been buried for years. :(

wow I seen her there, wow, off I-5, man I hope he does not take your stash.

JC

aa battery said:
Buttonwillow exit? I-5 ? bridge. Thats where i found my wife she been buried for years. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back