What's new

High and dry

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down in the South Park area today and quite honestly our snowpack sucks. Mountains look more like middle of summer instead of beginning of spring. Also warmer than usual for us. 64 degrees right now, about 20 or 30 warmer than it should be. Still a little hope, cause I do remember one time in the middle of April I had to cancel a camping trip cause all roads out of the county were pretty much shut down due to heavy snowfall.
3-25aaa.webp
3-25bbb.webp
3-25ccc.webp
3-25ddd.webp
3-25eee.webp
 
Gonna be a tough summer east and west of the divide I expect. Right now it's 90° in the shade. Water restrictions are already in place around me. Might need to start doing a nightly rain dance here soon. Saw this comparison photo on the snowpack at Dillon this year to what it was in 2019. Pretty sad 😔
 

Attachments

  • 20260325_152628.webp
    20260325_152628.webp
    830.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Dillon Gate 2019 v 2026.webp
    Dillon Gate 2019 v 2026.webp
    162.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Down in the South Park area today and quite honestly our snowpack sucks. Mountains look more like middle of summer instead of beginning of spring. Also warmer than usual for us. 64 degrees right now, about 20 or 30 warmer than it should be. Still a little hope, cause I do remember one time in the middle of April I had to cancel a camping trip cause all roads out of the county were pretty much shut down due to heavy snowfall.
View attachment 2248626View attachment 2248627View attachment 2248628View attachment 2248629View attachment 2248630
I should still have 3 to 4 foot of snow in my back yard, and there is none ! Hoping for a big wet heavy snow in April,and lots of spring rain, but we will see ? Great pics !
 
Are fire hazard warnings being issued?
Sanddog, I'm not sure about Rginn and Summit Cty, here in Teller Cty at the foot of Pikes Peak we're in stage 2 fire restrictions, in march ! Not good !
 
No restrictions for us yet in Summit County Sanddog but they'll be coming. Park County is absolutely no open burning but that's a year round thing for them. Some of the other places down south are Stage 1 and Stage 2. I imagine lots in place in E and SE Colorado. Even if we get that April and May snow I don't see it helping much, Charlie. Maybe Monsoon season will be big. Our economy is based on snow, and fortunately due to my position at work I get the same pay and same hours regardless, but a few have had their hours cut. Spring break was pretty much a bust, one weekend we got above previous sales the last year. Our next big event is Semana Santa, when all the folks from Mexico usually show up, and I'm not lookin for much on that.
 
Beautiful nature shots.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom