original.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you trying to start something ? We were above 7000 ft and no snow we are having a drought in California its snowing today . Nothing but bare ground on south west facing slopes two days ago only snow was on north facing slopes . When my son downloads photos from his camera Ill post I did not take any photos . There was a lot of bikes and motor cycles riding on dry pavement over the pass 8,314 ft on wed .

Am I trying to start something?!

Nope. Guess something was lost in translation.

I was not questioning your integrity if that’s what your thinking.

I just did a triple check to see the original date on the post. Was seriously scratching my head.
We got a skiff of snow clear down to 3200 feet yesterday in Northern California. Have a good weekend.

Spring snow melt is a good time to look for stuff…those little critters tunneling under the snow bringing new stuff to the surface. I’m sure you already know that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A forest fire changed things and it was about five years since I was there last . If it was a normal year you would need to wait to July for the snow to melt to hunt . Wow here's a site you can check how much snow was on the ground the day we hunted . It reads 0 end of story .https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=633

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A forest fire changed things and it was about five years since I was there last . If it was a normal year you would need to wait to July for the snow to melt to hunt . Wow here's a site you can check how much snow was on the ground the day we hunted . It reads 0 end of story .https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=633

Again, let’s get this straight, I was not questioning the veracity of your hunt.

No snow up that high this time of year is sad and scary at the same time.
I know those types of trips are to be enjoyed and remembered. Good times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't give legal advice maybe I took them back ? But there's an massive open pit mine close by so I don't think picking up a shiny rock is going to hurt anything .

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No problem southfork i will be going up to Bridgeport in June i look for those shiny stones too lol. Good luck in the field.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number one rule I learned today…walk with a 2:00 shadow. Dang things jump out so much better!!

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to upload some photos from my sons camera . Big meadow about 7'400 feet and me looking for the camp . And this rock that looked like a marker ? But just a rock with softer elements weathered away over time . And a photo of the obsidian point my son found laying on the forest litter .

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0230.JPG
    DSC_0230.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0244.jpg
    DSC_0244.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0251.jpg
    DSC_0251.jpg