Highbanker project

OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made a few mods to my high banker, reworked the legs since they were getting jammed, added a rubber flap in the sluice to knock the fine gold out of suspension, reworked the grizzly screen so there was a gap at the sides because material was gathering along the edges and getting flushed out the back. I found 1/2 gram gold wedged in the grizzly when I took it apart.

Got out last weekend to try it out in a new spot and everything worked great, I found 1 speck of gold in my last 4' of sluice and 98% was in the first 16" of upper sluice. We processed approx. 2 yds of material give or take over 3 days and recovered 15.1grams. Not bad but seems like it should be more for the work put in to get it. That #2 shovel can wear you out fast.

image-1978931700.jpg

I think with the mods the fine gold recovery has gone up but I think I'm still losing some of the super fines. I tested my tailings and found a few smaller specks but nothing I would be too concerned with.

But I was thinking of lining the last section of sluice with gold hog mat as previously suggested to catch the fines now that I have some additional capital to work with. Which mat would be best for this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread