Jun 24, 2012
Longview, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

White's XLT

Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick note to see how many users have converted their White's to a Hip Mount configuration. I don't really mind the current weight of the V3i, but my wife complains about her arm/shoulder after a long day of hunting, so I was thinking about purchasing her one and possibly buying a second for myself.
The one drawback I see is being tied back to the unit again. I love having the wireless capability and securing the unit to my side will make that null and void.
With the way the weather is here I have the protective cover, as well as a stand to keep the base off the ground, but with us planning on doing more beach hunting the hip mount may be a good trade-off vice the wireless- I’m free to roam config. Thoughts?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to hip mount or neck mount all my detectors except the Tesoro's which are light enough to almost float away. Be sure to secure you coil cable down one side of the shaft and tape it in place.

OP
OP
Mole Man

Mole Man

Jun 24, 2012
Longview, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

White's XLT

Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, thanks for the reply. Is weight the main reason you like to hip or neck mount the bases?
I try to hip mount or neck mount all my detectors except the Tesoro's which are light enough to almost float away. Be sure to secure you coil cable down one side of the shaft and tape it in place.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weight is always a problem with the White's but it saves the arm from damage too and allows you to detect longer for more fun.

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know whites makes a kit for hip mounting DFX and MXT, etc., but I would really like to see a picture of this set-up.
I have found other threads where someone has made their own setup, but I am not real comfortable cutting my DFX apart to make my own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread