Historic Picnic Spot and Time Travel to the same spot

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Found this reference in a local CA history book I'm reading. I edited the caption to retain the 'mystery' of where this spot is! :thumbsup:
CREEKSIDERAMONA22010.jpg

Based on information in the caption and throughout the book, I was easily able to find the exact spot, and what I think is the same tree, 110+ years later.
CREEKSIDERAMONA.jpg

This is the only eucalyptus in the area, which does not automatically make it the same tree. But, the tree architecture is so similiar (multi-trunked at a low level, which is uncommon), I'm pretty sure we're looking at the same tree. I know the picnic spot is at the same place I took this photograph (again, I can't say why without giving too much away). So you probably want to know if I detected the area. :dontknow: Yup, and all I came away with were some old shotgun shells (12 and 20 gauge) and some modern trash. There is a thick build-up of detritus here, so I may need a heavy-duty rake to get down to where the older goodies may be hiding. Thanks for looking. - Jim

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is pretty cool. I live in southern Cal. Temecula area now but grew up in Bonita. Can you give me a clue to see if I know this mystery?

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH cool I know where this is at. My Mom and Dad live out there.
My Dad can remember riding his horse out there. There was only a few house's and a post office out there. NO Golf corse yet....

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the picture get deleted?
I wanted to show my dad.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post doesn't say edited ? where's the Picture ?

oh I see now, was posted 2010

his Last Activity here Nov 30, 2019 09:04 PM,
photo may have been lost to inactivity on a photo sharing site elsewhere

Last edited:

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. Its a super old thread.
Ive been looking for that old photo. It was taken right by my house over 100 years ag0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread