Hit 2 old spots every this morning and here’s what it got.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off going through a SERIOUS dry spell will humble even the savage beast so I’m showing the wheaties too. At 6:30am I went to my permission and got a Colt Revolver bullet, a round ball and just a fluorescent piece of glass IMG_2431.jpgIMG_2432.jpg Not being satisfied AT ALL I high tailed to New Orleans and hit the Fort where I’ve found a Revolutionary War Infantry Button and my grapeshot ball. Well I found 2 War Nickels 1943 & 1944, a Buffalo and 4 wheats 1910, 1919, 1949 and a ?. Also found half a key and my first iron round ball. I’m grateful [emoji1317]IMG_2434.jpgIMG_2435.jpgIMG_2436.jpgIMG_2437.jpgIMG_2438.jpg

Upvote 30
Not a bad hunt...some nice finds! The key looks like one you would use to open a can of sardines. Maybe too big, though?

Cool finds that ball is sweet Ill tell ya many times I go out and find that big goose egg 0 but its still exciting just knowing sooner or later boom your going to hit something sweet keep rippin my friend you did well today. I planned on going out sun but weather says rain and freakin snow yep freakin snow rrrrrrrrrrrr Good post my friend Tommy

Cool finds that ball is sweet Ill tell ya many times I go out and find that big goose egg 0 but its still exciting just knowing sooner or later boom your going to hit something sweet keep rippin my friend you did well today. I planned on going out sun but weather says rain and freakin snow yep freakin snow rrrrrrrrrrrr Good post my friend Tommy

I can believe it’s still snowing by you. We’re sweating bad over here already.

Nice!!! I worked all day and it sucked. Congrats bud!!

To be honest, I am a little jealous. Have not been able to do anything over the past couple of weeks.

Excellent finds and keep up the good work.

To be honest, I am a little jealous. Have not been able to do anything over the past couple of weeks.

Excellent finds and keep up the good work.

Thanks Kevin I have to idea what it feels like not detecting over a week. I looking forward to seeing you finds.

Anyone from Texas is a friend of mine

Not a bad hunt...some nice finds! The key looks like one you would use to open a can of sardines. Maybe too big, though?

Yea DiggerNVA , I was just trying to gauge the size myself , I got one a week ago 'very similar' then the rest of the day I was wondering "Sardine Can??? My luck most likely.".

Locke I’m staying up and getting a jump on sunrise. I’m motivated again.

Can sleep lol

I'm getting ready to head out myself , you had a good Civil War day , the Iron Ball is sweet & You killed the nickles .
I have not got a War Nickel in 2-3 years.
GL Today

Yea DiggerNVA , I was just trying to gauge the size myself , I got one a week ago 'very similar' then the rest of the day I was wondering "Sardine Can??? My luck most likely.".

Leaving now a hour away NO SLEEP FOR the weary. Wish me luck [emoji1317]

Congrats on the finds. It's all lookin good. Wtg

Droughts....times to reflect on better times and then to really appreciate the awesome finds when you finally find them again! Sometimes we have spurts that really spoil us but then the valve is turned off LOL. Usually means that we need new locations to hunt or to get down and dirty in the ones that we still have. Momma said that it would be like this!

Nice hunt...things will pick up soon! :icon_thumleft:

I've dug CW union ration tins before but never considered if they might have been opened with a key? I've never heard anything about hunters finding can openers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back