Hit a few Hot Spots

bfmco7

Greenie
Jul 9, 2008
I had been hunting this spot for a while and found around 30 bullets in a small area and I thought my luck had run out. I went back two days ago right after it had rained to see if I could get some deeper signals that I had been missing. The small area that I had been hunting gave me one bullet and I decided to make a lap around the field. After about an hour and a half I had enough and I was headed to the truck. About 20 yards from the fence I hit a good signal so I decided to dig. About a foot away a dug another bullet. Two hours later I dug what you see in the picture. (minus the 1859 seated Liberty dime) I'll be hitting this spot again in the morning!

The dime was found at the same place but in a different location. About a week ago the boy that lives at the farm called me and let me know that his folks were going out of town and that I could come over and dig the yard. I knew I could do a good job of cleaning up and filling in my plugs so I took advantage of the opportunity. After a few hours of digging I found a 1939 dog tag and two sharps. I hunted for another good hour when I hit the best signal of the day.. I found this dime about 4". Other than a few Indian head pennies I had never dug any old coins. Not expecting what I had I wiped it on the jeans to find out it was the ordinary 1990 dime. I luckily didn't do any damage to it but the dent that is on the edge was already in the coin. Actually the blade of my shovel never came close to it. I broke the dirt from around the entire dime. So.. NO I DIDNT DO IT! ha.

I hope to find a decent button or some brass tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I guess you want to see some pictures!

Attachments

• P1010038a.JPG
    P1010038a.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • P1010040a.JPG
    P1010040a.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,188
  • P1010045a.JPG
    P1010045a.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,192
  • P1010046a.JPG
    P1010046a.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,191
You must be related to the cooper bros. or at least have their luck. nice diggin !!!!!

I tell you whut, all that ding dang diggin, keep you sweating like a dang pig in a piggly wiggly right on down there with yo shovel getting all them thar bullets and ding dang civil war neat stuff...woooo

dorkyguy

nice finds, I guess I need to take a trip to va so I can find my first mini ball. HH!

Anybody know anything I dont know about this stuff.. I am not sure what the large steel disk is. I dont know much about the button or rivet. Anything would help

whats the deal with that harmonica reed? All the ones ive found are long and horizontal with the little flappers running the length in a single row.Is yours from a different or special type of harmonica?Anyone ever see one like this? Almost looks like it could have been like a double harmonica that you could flip over for a different key.

What a sweet day, nice silver and all those bullets!!

I found 36 more bullets and another norfolk western button today. I'll post pictures later.

I found out that the smashed brass peice is actually a casing to a bernside bullet.

top left is an ax head
reeds--hmmm maybe from a accordian or that little squeeze box concertina ??Ii have found many harmonica reeds,must have been popular to lose.
Try electrolysis --- my best one is a stainless steel shop vac housing, nice and big. The anode (or cathode ?) is the container itself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back