What's new

Hit a Park & an Abandoned Army Base

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First place I hunted was a park I've hunted probably 50 times and dug out another silver Roosevelt dime and 8 more wheat pennies. This park is large, I'm always finding something there.

The second place I hunted was an old abandoned army base. This was my 12th visit to this area and had another good day.

I mainly hunted around the abandoned army barracks and don't believe the amount of brass rifle cartridge casings that were everywhere!???? The G.I.'s were apparently throwing their brass out in front on the barracks?:icon_scratch: Everywhere I went I was digging the brass casings...:BangHead:

I still found one item I was looking for today, I dug an army unit crest. I've dug about 8 of these now, most have been from this base. Also dug up 5 rank insignia pins, and 6 wheat pennies.
 

Attachments

  • Army Base 001.webp
    Army Base 001.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Army Base 002.webp
    Army Base 002.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Army Base 001.webp
    Army Base 001.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Army Base 002.webp
    Army Base 002.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Army Base 004.webp
    Army Base 004.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Army Base 002.webp
    Army Base 002.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Army Base 007.webp
    Army Base 007.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Army Base 005.webp
    Army Base 005.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Army Base 001.webp
    Army Base 001.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Army Base 004.webp
    Army Base 004.webp
    76 KB · Views: 126
  • Army Base 003.webp
    Army Base 003.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Peanuts Santa Rosa 012.webp
    Peanuts Santa Rosa 012.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Peanuts Santa Rosa 013.webp
    Peanuts Santa Rosa 013.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Peanuts Santa Rosa 014.webp
    Peanuts Santa Rosa 014.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Army Base 009.webp
    Army Base 009.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Army Base 008.webp
    Army Base 008.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Peanuts Santa Rosa 015.webp
    Peanuts Santa Rosa 015.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 28
Great hunt!....a salute to you,:icon_salut:, for all the military swag you found!
Merry Christmas my friend!
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds Cool Hand Fluke! Thanks for sharing...
 
That is some good hunting, shame to see a place like that base falling into disrepair. Nice saves there, good work.
 
Thats too funny, MDing in Sapper Country.
 
Congratualtions on the awesome relic hunt with a silver thrown in for good measure! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on a good hunt.
Quite a few interesting finds.
I'm sure there is some silver to be found down by the PX / COMMISSARY.
Congrats
 
It's a little hard to see it in the picture, but my guess for the shell with question mark is that it's a blank.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482799281.526420.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1482799303.935961.webp
 
Nice finds. The brass casing will add up to some cash if you save them.
 
When you said you hunted an abandoned Army base, I thought you were gonna say you found an abandoned Army Sergeant! :laughing7:

Dang, could I ever make a great workshop there!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom