Hit it hard again today,, found old stuff again!

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi all, hit it hard all day today, and found some pretty good things. Nothing special, but the watch is kinda nice. It has stars that are punched all the way through the body,, exposing the guts,, (rusty guts that is). The brass handle looks like a dresser drawer handle. Lots and lots of square nails today, and an old leather needle, cast iron parts. The Indian Head Penny was found by my Father.
The shell casings are old, and obsolete, a 7-65 Luger, 351 S.L.
The dectecting days are getting shorter for me here, so I have been doing all I can before it freezes completely. The ground was frozen this morning, so that made it kinda tough at first.

By the way, that pocket watch showed up as a pull tab, I discrimated against it, and it disappeared, just like a pull tab,,,, I dug it anyway, and was very glad!

HH, Musclecar

Attachments

• brasshandlecastironpieces.jpg
    brasshandlecastironpieces.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 1904ih.jpg
    1904ih.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 312
  • pocketwatch.jpg
    pocketwatch.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 340
  • misc.jpg
    misc.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 7-65luger.jpg
    7-65luger.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 351.jpg
    351.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0
OP
OP
musclecar

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Thanks Hardy, I haven't found any markings yet, but will clean it up and see if there are any. I assume it is from the late 1800-early 1900s, judging the dates of my other finds at this place. I will definitely research!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Great finds Muscle, you are right. The days are getting shorter & colder here in Idaho, it was 20 degrees this morning at 8AM, frosty grass & windows on the ol' suburban. Not much time left before we're buried in the cold white stuff! This will be my first winter since I was bitten by detector bug & I realy dont know how Im gonna make it through................a few road trips south I guess will help. :(

OP
OP
musclecar

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hehe Mighty,,,, had to chuckle,, my Suburban windows were very frosty at 8 am also! That is when we left, and have the same rig,,lol

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MC,

Interesting finds...congrats on the IH and the watch.

HH

;) RR

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
musclecar said:
Hehe Mighty,,,, had to chuckle,, my Suburban windows were very frosty at 8 am also! That is when we left, and have the same rig,,lol

86' 4x4.........its been "altered" slightly. Got a 350 vortec from a totaled 95' chevy pickup, headers & custom exhaust, lifted 3 inches but I broke a front leaf spring four wheeling this summer, put new springs in & it lifted the front end another 3 inches. Need to make blocks fer the rear to level it.........havent got around to it yet. I love my burban! ;D
Also have a 94' 4x4 burban, gave it to my girlfriend. Stock, wanna lift it a little but she is short & wont let me. She can barely climb into mine. lol Trying to swing a deal on some sweet rims & tires for hers, I'll post pics if the deal goes through.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mighty AP said:
musclecar said:

86' 4x4.........its been "altered" slightly. Got a 350 vortec from a totaled 95' chevy pickup, headers & custom exhaust, lifted 3 inches but I broke a front leaf spring four wheeling this summer, put new springs in & it lifted the front end another 3 inches. Need to make blocks fer the rear to level it.........havent got around to it yet. I love my burban! ;D
Also have a 94' 4x4 burban, gave it to my girlfriend. Stock, wanna lift it a little but she is short & wont let me. She can barely climb into mine. lol Trying to swing a deal on some sweet rims & tires for hers, I'll post pics if the deal goes through.

Yeah he likes his burban !................He also likes his whiskey,wild irish rose, Mad dog 20 20 & his scotch on the rocks!! Heheheheheh ;D ;D

Cool finds musclecar !!! ;D

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mighty AP said:
You callin me a (hic*) drunk......you, you........ Woman?? (*hic) Why..........I oughta (hic*) smack yokjnhhhhhhhhhh..........ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ (*hic) ZZZZZZZZ ;)

Dag gum it AP !!! Everytime you start gabbing you put everyone to sleep ........including yourself !! ;) ;) ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread