What's new

Hit the Nickel dream box

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,
I did 4 boxes of nickels today(CWI rolls) with one box that blew my mind!!! First two boxes were the normal A bunch of pre 1960's and no silver(i actually average about one silver per box). Third box was a dream box for me.

It produced:

5 "V" nickels
13 Buffalo Nickels (All with dates)
5 Silver "WAR" nickels
a bunch of pre 1960's(I was so excited about the V's and Buff's I didn't count the pre 60's)

This must be my christmas present :icon_sunny:

Forth box was also an average box with one silver and a bunch of pre 1960's

Well This is why I love nickels, usually always rewarding with something

Pictures say it all so here it is...

Happy Holidays,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • nickelfinds2.webp
    nickelfinds2.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
Holy Mackerelandy! That was one heck of a nickel variety box! AMC
 
Best nickel box ever on TNET as far I have seen!

Grats!

That is intense! You must have been on cloud 9 or something!

~Dave
 
So what were the dates/mintmarks on the V's and buffalos?
 
Very healthy box!

Congrats!
 
I find it amazing that V nickels are still out there. Except in a coin store I've never even seen one.
 
Awesome Jason, wow that is super to score 5 V nickels plus the buffalos , kudos and congrats Ed and happy holidays to you :thumbsup:
 
GMan00001 said:
So what were the dates/mintmarks on the V's and buffalos?

Thanks for the comments everyone. This was a great suprize after about 65 boxes of nickels in the last 4 1/2 weeks.

The dates are as follows:

"V" nickels; 1902, 1908, 1908,1908, 1912

Buffalo's; 1924, 1926D, 1935 (X5), 1935 (D or S ?), 1936 (x4), 1937

Have a happy holiday
Jason
 
Best nickel box ever!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
V nicks and buffs are always fun to find. WTG :thumbsup:
 
WOW!!!! Congrats SNB.....that 3rd box was definelty a dream box. That is unreal. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone pulling so many V's from one box. Kudos!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!
 
Wow I hear it takes 7 boxes of Nickels to score a buffalo. Maybe some dinosaur dumped an old stash at some point.
 
amazing box. i cant wait to get my first v nickel.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom