What's new

Hmm

Glenn C

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
422
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Going through mostly boxes of iron. I believe I deposited this in a box.... questionable prior to my flake knife. Anyway. Looks kinda worked which could be worn from age. It is from a archaic spot which also has over lap from the 1600s. Went in the shed because the ice is gone now :). Could be nothing? Did I mention the ice is melting. From the lingering newb :)
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130312_190529.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190529.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20130312_190600.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190600.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 97
  • ForumRunner_20130312_190649.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190649.webp
    57 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20130312_190720.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190720.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 80
  • ForumRunner_20130312_190755.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190755.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 79
  • ForumRunner_20130312_190834.webp
    ForumRunner_20130312_190834.webp
    189.3 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
I've looked hard, and I don't see anything that says artifact to me.

Thank goodness the ice is melting. It is here too. Spring is about to pounce.

Joel
 
Going through mostly boxes of iron. I believe I deposited this in a box.... questionable prior to my flake knife. Anyway. Looks kinda worked which could be worn from age. It is from a archaic spot which also has over lap from the 1600s. Went in the shed because the ice is gone now :). Could be nothing? Did I mention the ice is melting. From the lingering newb :)

Is it flint ? It is old if it is an artifact looks like it has a nice clean fracture tho
 
C'mon spring. Looks natural but knapping may just be worn may just be worn down. Hard to say.
 
I agree with quito. Nice outdoor shots! In the homestretch for Spring....
 
C'mon spring. Looks natural but knapping may just be worn may just be worn down. Hard to say.

I thought the 2nd photo offered the best chance, and I sure have found my share of water worn points that have the flaking close to erased. It is tough, sometimes you have to hold them in hand, sharp angle them in light, etc. If it's worn, would have to be by water I think.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom