Hobart Bros Emblem from Ohio

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took advantage of the nice day in Ohio and did some detecting on my homestead. I found this emblem/badge that’s marked Hobart Bros.
Hobart is a local company to my area. They’re known for welders and much more. They even made KitchenAid mixers in the 40’s (those are made in a town 20 minutes in the other direction now).
My grandpa retired from Hobart Bros in the 80’s. My dad also worked there until he became a truck driver.
I’m going to contact some local historians and see what they think it might be exactly. I’m thinking some sort of badge or an emblem from equipment.
Made my day!
Happy hunting!

612FADD4-881C-4606-92E7-8166B500B61F.jpeg

83F062B7-80D8-4B35-A252-D21446175F7E.jpeg

Upvote 19

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took advantage of the nice day in Ohio and did some detecting on my homestead. I found this emblem/badge that’s marked Hobart Bros.
Hobart is a local company to my area. They’re known for welders and much more. They even made KitchenAid mixers in the 40’s (those are made in a town 20 minutes in the other direction now).
My grandpa retired from Hobart Bros in the 80’s. My dad also worked there until he became a truck driver.
I’m going to contact some local historians and see what they think it might be exactly. I’m thinking some sort of badge or an emblem from equipment.
Made my day!
Happy hunting!

View attachment 2015408
View attachment 2015409
such a cool relic with local ties, awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread