Hodge Podge of Hunts.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. This is a collection of several hunts since last Friday. The 1930 Wheat penny and huge old file came from the Peru street tear outs. I believe the photo of the plane is a Grumman TBF Avenger torpedo bomber from WWII. LOUD & SLOW. Today I got the 1946 Wheat & 1901 Indian Head at my home renovation permission up the road from my house. Nothing really spectacular but, I do like the condition of the old Indian. Pretty nice shape. Also I just like taking pictures and posting even my trash in the John Deere bucket.:headbang: Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 002.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 003.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 006.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 007.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 008.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 009.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 010.JPG Combo Hunt Peru Morrisey's Court House 011.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff. Ive only ever found one Indian head, an 1895, but Im not a detectorist and it was a surface find next to the railroad.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff. Ive only ever found one Indian head, an 1895, but Im not a detectorist and it was a surface find next to the railroad.

For a guy with no metal detector you certainly do well recovering lots of cool old stuff metal or not.:icon_salut:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only found one Indianhead and it didn't come out with that beautiful green patina like yours. Great job Kurios1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go, Kevin! 😁 I didn't read about the tearouts until today. 😞

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That IHP is just about perfection. Congrats! But man, you dug a heap of trash. You are making even my back hurt.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Interesting token with the pennies .

I think you may be referring to the button? With those three Fluer De loos? LOL! Just a modern coat button with a trashed iron back.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IHP is just about perfection. Congrats! But man, you dug a heap of trash. You are making even my back hurt.

This lawn up the road is a littered nightmare in spots. If I ever hope to grab some deep old coins I am pretty much forced to clear the runway!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, Kevin! �� I didn't read about the tearouts until today. ��

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Are you from that area? I am about 40 miles north and have hit it three times and am probably finished with it. I beat it pretty hard and did score some old coins but, was hoping for a bit more and some silver that was elusive to me.:-\

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew that's a lot of digging! Congrats on the really nice IH cent

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That Indian is really sweet. One of my favorite coins to find. The ones around here are ALWAYS a bit toasty. I can see LIBERTY on the band. Man...

Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Indian is really sweet. One of my favorite coins to find. The ones around here are ALWAYS a bit toasty. I can see LIBERTY on the band. Man...

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Tom. One thing I do appreciate about metal detecting Illinois is the soil can preserve and create some very nice patina on our coppers. I might never get a colonial coin in these parts but, I have recovered some amazing Indian Head Cents with a gorgeous deep Jade Green even patina that makes them appear as jewelry. Also as I have stated many times before on T-net the Indian Head Cent is my favorite US coin design. I have always rooted for the "underdog". Prosperous hunting to you mate.:icon_salut:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IH make my heart race, especially the really nice ones. so far all of my huge collection of less than a handful have been pretty decent. my wheaties on the other hand can be either nice or super toasted. and what's a little trash between friends? A lot of dashed hopes that's what. congrats on the mixed bag

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a haul! That's showing how to get to treasure hunting! Well done! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread