What's new

Hoe my god!!!

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I will post this one again with different wording. These were purchased at the show I went too about a month ago. It was one mans whole table and his personal collection. There is much more than just Hoes in this group. The lithics are as follows: Green Stone, Quartz and Some Gray Slate. There are Hoes, Adzes, Pestles, Discoidals (chunky stones), Net Weights (2) and 3/4 grooved Celt (1), and some Egg Stones with dimples. Some are grooved for hafting. These were all from East Tn River Valley and were found by the seller. He said he was 66 and didnt intend on taking them back to his home cause they were just to heavy to carry. I would like to hear everybodys thought on these. I counted 66 pieces in the group.
I have edited the (B) word just in case I am wrong. I would not want to mislead anyone.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2143.webp
    100_2143.webp
    528.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_2144.webp
    100_2144.webp
    523.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Upvote 0
They doo look like heavy stone tools. If you go to a show in the area, they are pretty common.

The hoes are in nice condition, most of them broke during use or by the subsequent plowing.

There aren't any bola stones in the bunch, bolas are relatively high end rare artifacts, you have some nice nutting stones.
 
Thanks Josh but do you have any pictures of a Bola Stone? Maybe I have missed something.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom