G Gregg3131 Hero Member Joined May 24, 2015 Messages 706 Reaction score 3,750 Golden Thread 4 Location Va 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Teknetics T2 Limited Edition Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 25, 2021 #1 Any idea on the silver? I assumed it was a holed silver coin when I dug it but now I have no idea what it is . Not even sure if it’s silver . Found at colonial homesite in central Virginia Attachments D9E3FB2A-C95A-4846-A15B-FC681173EB43.webp 306 KB · Views: 63 EB3650DD-88AD-461C-A223-03ED5B4FCACE.webp 556.2 KB · Views: 50 DFDC15B7-B1E8-4277-8E24-E5779AE8002B.webp 561.5 KB · Views: 62 B641844D-1F50-429D-8BDA-C8FAF1A1C4C5.webp 539.1 KB · Views: 61
Any idea on the silver? I assumed it was a holed silver coin when I dug it but now I have no idea what it is . Not even sure if it’s silver . Found at colonial homesite in central Virginia
Almy Bronze Member Joined Mar 18, 2011 Messages 1,996 Reaction score 3,948 Golden Thread 0 Location Maritime Provinces Detector(s) used Tesoro Cibola Primary Interest: Other Feb 25, 2021 #2 Looks like Spanish real worn smooth in use and then well-chewed by an animal with sharp teeth. Just a guess. Upvote 0
Looks like Spanish real worn smooth in use and then well-chewed by an animal with sharp teeth. Just a guess.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Feb 25, 2021 #3 Good find! Those marks make me think that it is soft. Can you bend it? Upvote 0