lldein

Jul 1, 2010

Attachments

• 000_3591.JPG
    000_3591.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 244

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
I was watching this too on ebay. Looks very close to me. I can't really tell any difference. If everything else matches up to the book then you have a rare one as noted by the (*)... if not maybe a "unlisted" version. In any case, it is a very nice bottle. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
808beginnerdigger said:
I was watching this too on ebay. Looks very close to me. I can't really tell any difference. If everything else matches up to the book then you have a rare one as noted by the (*)... if not maybe a "unlisted" version. In any case, it is a very nice bottle. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, my wife and I agree regardless of which one it is it's still a rare one. That comma sure looks different then the book straight up and down and the way some of the letters slant. if anyone got a 882 would love to see a pic.

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Nice medicine to add to your collection...Definitely a good one, I don't think much of those are around especially according to the book there are (*) five or less know undamaged examples...There are so many different variations hard to keep up...There must be more that hasn't been found yet or might never be found, any kind of Hawaiian bottles are getting harder and harder to find, just running out of space to look...aloha Kaz

OP
OP
L

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
808kaz said:
Nice medicine to add to your collection...Definitely a good one, I don't think much of those are around especially according to the book there are (*) five or less know undamaged examples...There are so many different variations hard to keep up...There must be more that hasn't been found yet or might never be found, any kind of Hawaiian bottles are getting harder and harder to find, just running out of space to look...aloha Kaz
Aloha Kaz,
100% agreed , way less known untouched digging places then before, gotta find them nowadays, you definetly have the magic touch.
John

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
lldein said:
Thanks, my wife and I agree regardless of which one it is it's still a rare one. That comma sure looks different then the book straight up and down and the way some of the letters slant. if anyone got a 882 would love to see a pic.
I could never quite figure out why "The Book" went to such great care in showing each tiny difference in plate marking for sodes, but then lumped all the meds together :icon_scratch:

When you have the same number in the book representing medicine bottles ranging from 2" to 6" tall, they are obviously using different plates! :read2:

I guess they didn't want to have to show all of the meds, or it would have swamped the rest of the bottles and doubled the size of the book.......

OP
OP
L

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
sodetraveler said:
lldein said:
I could never quite figure out why "The Book" went to such great care in showing each tiny difference in plate marking for sodes, but then lumped all the meds together :icon_scratch:

When you have the same number in the book representing medicine bottles ranging from 2" to 6" tall, they are obviously using different plates! :read2:

I guess they didn't want to have to show all of the meds, or it would have swamped the rest of the bottles and doubled the size of the book.......
Thanks sodataveler what you are saying totally makes sense. Really there should of been a seperate book only for meds but the work that would of been involved to do this would of been immense,and new meds keep popping up. Another thing i noticed is they painted all the letters on the meds but not the sodas.

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
lldein said:
Another thing i noticed is they painted all the letters on the meds but not the sodas.
I've found that it can be extremely challenging to take a good picture of a clear bottle.....
My first attempt was with the Ahuimanu, I took over a dozen shots and never could get all the embossing to show up in the picture :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions