What's new

Hollow coins

phillips24

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
I haven't found one of these myself but I have read on some threads that some of you have found them in your halves. The popular consensus is that they are Magic coins. Well I was surfing the net today and coinupdate.com linked to this:

http://gizmodo.com/5066992/hollow-spy-coins-are-perfect-metaphor-of-current-economy

Thought it was very interesting, especially that these could still be in use for espionage! WOW!

Neat way to store small stuff inconspicuously. The options are endless! Or we could screw with someone with our dumps, dime in a penny in a nickel in a quarter in a half? like those wooden dolls.
 
Upvote 0
Last year, the US Department of Defense cautioned its American contractors about hollow Canadian coins containing radio transmitters.

That makes no sense whatsoever. A hollow coin would make a perfect Gausian Sphere.
 
Read an article on that ages ago.

I believe it turned out to be a hoax of one sort or the other.

~Dave
 
Never seen one of those before. If anybody ever comes across one and wants to trade it for a silver (half dollar) pm me.
I've always been into that kind of stuff.
Have a nice day.
 
THere is a magic shop in my town, I bet they would have some, I might just take a trip and see. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom