What's new

Hollow sounding half dollar????

twiggmeister68

Greenie
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Has anybody else found one of these? It's a 1999 Kennedy half.It doesn't sound right when dropped on the table, that's how I found it. Looking at the back of it through the loupe, you can see a definite line has been cut all the way around and the back is rotated.
Ask the teller where I pick my halves up about it. She stated she found one herself and the were able to open it up and another coin (Mexican) was inside. They had to bend it to get it open and destroyed it. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
Any thoughts out there on what it could be used for?

Twigg
 
Upvote 0
It is a magician's coin. It is sometimes hard to get them apart. I found one a few weeks ago. I put it in the freezer for a while and then shook it in a jar until the jar broke. Some say throw it on a hard surface. If you want to see how it works, go to youtube and type in Scotch and Soda (that is the name of the trick).
 
Thanks for the info. Still can't get it to open. Will take it to work and use some persuasion.
 
Another way I am trying

I got to thinking which is scary :tongue3: I put it in a bowl and squeezed it together. I saw bubbles come out. I am hoping it got some water in it. Now it is in the freezer. I am hoping the water will expand when it freezes and helps pop it apart. I'll let you know. No pinhole in the "R" Mojo >:(
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom