Last edited:
Upvote 16

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who do you think dropped it? They is miserable right now. Was probably an engagement gift.....

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Nice find!!

Might be worthy of a "return effort." I am betting the person who dropped it inquired at the store where you found it. Or the jeweler might recall who bought it.

Just my two cents.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a tough one..... Absolute thrill to find items of that caliber! and probably an easy return.....if......God Bless.

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the items were just purchased. Owner was likely just using a bag she had. And I was no where near a jewelry store when I found the bag.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try to find the owner???? Its the right thing to do...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find Susan! I'll bet someone took off their earrings and bracelet for safekeeping and may have thought they put the bag in the side pocket of their car. Unless someone advertises they lost it I wouldn't feel too guilty because how on earth would you find the rightful owner?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a major find Susan! :notworthy:

If I was the person who lost those I'd most certainly be devastated! :sad11:

Dave

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great find! You bagged it! :laughing7:
Well your summer is off to a flying start! :headbang:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice eye find.. I would set it out on finding the owner and just keep an eye open for someone looking. You maybe surprised at how few figure it is gone and don't advertise. I nailed a nice 2 carat plat last year at the ocean and went straight to my friend who was the acting officer in charge of the southern district where the ring was lost. He watched for any reports of the loss for several months before we decided it was ok to sell. Sad for the owners but happy for you!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check your local Craigs list...chances are good the one who lost it still has faith in humanity.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find Susan! I'll bet someone took off their earrings and bracelet for safekeeping and may have thought they put the bag in the side pocket of their car. Unless someone advertises they lost it I wouldn't feel too guilty because how on earth would you find the rightful owner?

Pretty easy.... just list you found a bag and ask for a description of bag and its contents... They would be the one...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Great Find Susan - In the immortal words of Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry ) "Do you feel lucky punk ... well do ya ? "

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great congratulations I've put two rings on our local radio station .never got a call

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it's easy enough to notify the shop owners in the area where you found it and maybe put a sign or two up. It's worth trying to locate the owner on this one (must have just been dropped) --not like it was sitting in the dirt for the last 10 years. I found a gold earring on the floor of my local grocery store and just turned it it to the store hoping the owner would come back and inquire about it. If it were mine I'd hope someone would do the same. Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do think it would be good to speak with the store manager - leave a contact no. If anybody reports it lost - you'll know right away
if their description is on the money . ( I just noticed that you were near a place of business so a return is at least possible ).

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty easy.... just list you found a bag and ask for a description of bag and its contents... They would be the one...

There's a lot of people that can describe the contents of the bag now :)

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob , I don't think Susan ever specified what town she was in, or what store she was near when she made this find . The
chances of anyone other than the rightful owner being able to claim this are "Slim and none ...and Slim left town" IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread