SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed hunting the lake the last few days due to family commitments and was thinking about all the good stuff I had probably missed out on as I ran errands today. But as I was entering a store I saw a small bag lying on the sidewalk. Immediately I realized it wasn't empty and as I took a quick peek inside I saw a thick gold chain.

Last edited:
Upvote 16

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MY NAME IS SUSAN AND WENT OUT TODAY, TO GET SOME ERRANDS OUT THE WAY , AS I APROACHED A STORE WHERE I USUALLY GO SOMETHING ON THE GROUND CAUGHT MY EYE BEFORE ENTERING THE DOOR. AS I LOOKED CLOSER WAS IT A PURSE OR A BAG AFTER PICKING UP IT FELT LITE IN MY HANDS. I NOTICED PANDORA WAS PART OF THE FIND AND WHEN I OPENED THE BAG I COULDNT BELEIVE MY EYES. THERE IN THE BAG A BRACLET AND EARRINGS , SO MUCH BEAUTY TO SEE WONDER WHO LOST THESE THINGS. PONDERING AND WONDERING WHAT SHOULD I DO I POSTED ON TNET FOR ALL TO VEIW.MANY COMMENTS ARE ABOUND, TO RETURN TO THE OWNER WHO MAY NOT BE FOUND. NOW WHAT TO DO IS ON MY MIND, I WILL LEAVE IT TO YOU LORD FOR YOU WILL HELP ME DECIDE,...VANZUTPHEN NICE FIND.

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I will for sure be checking Craig's list. As to contacting the "store owner" , doesn't work so well with Walmart size stores.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
General manager or manager on duty should suffice there :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. I will for sure be checking Craig's list. As to contacting the "store owner" , doesn't work so well with Walmart size stores.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returning this item should be easy. Screw craigslist. That's for people who "want to return" an item, so they can feel a little better because they've convinced themselves they've actually looked for the owner.

You have the name of the jeweler. It's printed on the bag. Find the nearest one to where you found the bag and ask them to look up the name of who they sold those items to. Folks don't pay cash for diamond tennis bracelets. There WILL be a paper trail. And that also means that not only will the recipient not get to receive it as a gift (and the purchaser likely not able to afford another one), but whoever lost it will most likely be making MONTHLY PAYMENTS on an item which they don't have as an ever-present and painful reminder of how stupid they were to have dropped it.

No excuses. It's the right thing to return this item.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returning this item should be easy. Screw craigslist. That's for people who "want to return" an item, so they can feel a little better because they've convinced themselves they've actually looked for the owner.

You have the name of the jeweler. It's printed on the bag. Find the nearest one to where you found the bag and ask them to look up the name of who they sold those items to. Folks don't pay cash for diamond tennis bracelets. There WILL be a paper trail. And that also means that not only will the recipient not get to receive it as a gift (and the purchaser likely not able to afford another one), but whoever lost it will most likely be making MONTHLY PAYMENTS on an item which they don't have as an ever-present and painful reminder of how stupid they were to have dropped it.

No excuses. It's the right thing to return this item.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Pandora makes charms and charm bracelets , not diamond tennis bracelets I think it will be a hard to return item.I put some 90%silver coins in a little crown royal bag doesn't mean I should assume they came from a liquor store.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob , I don't think Susan ever specified what town she was in, or what store she was near when she made this find . The
chances of anyone other than the rightful owner being able to claim this are "Slim and none ...and Slim left town" IMHO.

Sorry, it was another joke....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread