Holy smokes!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Wow, look at all the dowsing discussion in this forum!

I wasn't aware of the broad scope of the dowsing theory. There are a lot of strange claims out there.

For some odd reason, I feel compelled to state my position. I can find water lines with 2 bent coat hangers. I haven't tried to find gold or coins or whatever, and I'm not ready to believe that I would if I tried. I wasn't ready to believe I would find water lines with coat hangers either, so who knows.

I know there are some folks who will think I'm an idiot because I made this claim, but so what. I don't care what they think anyway. I will do this though... If anyone who is determined to prove dowsing doesn't work wants to come visit me, I will demonstrate to your satisfaction that it works. Now by that, I mean I can prove to you that I can find water lines with bent coat hangers with a huge success rate (I'd venture 90% or better...I've never failed, but I've only done it limited times)...nothing more. You can video, photograph, or whatever you want, and the results will be posted here whether they prove your theory or mine.

The reason I offer this is because I see a lot of people taking a very condescending position over the folks who make their dowsing claims. I can prove that there is something to it. Now you probably expect me to make excuses when you call me on it. Nope. Please call me on it...I want to show this to one of the skeptics here. I was a huge skeptic too until I met an old guy down the road who put the rods in my hands as I was shaking my head. Believe me, everything logical tells me it should not work...but somehow it does.

This may not be the claim to finding gold or old foundations on a map or any of the other more extravagant claims I've seen, but it is an opportunity for the skeptic to become educated. I am in south Georgia.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks cheese….All someone has to do is give it a try. It will either work for them or not. Even if you just use it occasionally to locate water, sewer and underground electric lines it can save you money. If you just check the area where you want to plant a tree you can save yourself a lot of trouble down the road. I have a 50 year old tree planted over my sewer line. Every few years I have to get the roots cut out at a cost of about 75 bucks. Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread