Water/Metal

whitestar55

Jan 9, 2008
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U Max
I am new here and my main interest lies with MDing. However, when I saw this board I just had to put my 2 cents in. I am a dowser, or "water witch" as my dad used to say. My father built homes and would always use a y shaped willow stick to find a vein of water for the well. He ALWAYS hit water. I remember one land owner who hired a geologist who stated there was no water on the property. Dad found a great well right in front of the geologist.

My brother and I can also do it. I can also find metal. I have never tested myself to see how small an object I can find. I have found sewer pipe sized objects. The stick will twist so firmly that if I try to hold it, it will twist the bark off of it. I don't know how it works but it does.

oldhermit34

Jun 21, 2007
columbus, ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 50
A friend of mine worked for a water-well drilling company, he doused for them and he was never wrong. Tried to show me how, couldn't get the hang of it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey whitestar55…..When you can find water lines, sewer lines and electric lines you will know where not to plant a tree. You can save money when dealing with some of the utility companies…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread