Palmetto
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 21, 2009
- Messages
- 324
- Reaction score
- 548
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- UpCountry, SC
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
High Plains Digger said:Reminds me of an old Chinese coin. Some, I think, had an oblong hole. Must be pretty old with all the writing gone. Perhaps not a coin with the rim still there.
Palmetto said:Thanks for the input guys-definitely not a coin though as it is waaaayyy too big. It is 2 inches across and is quite heavy-solid lead.
Definitely homemade as it is not truly symmetrical either.
Palmetto
Breezie said:It looks like Civil War carved 'camp art' from a hammered CW bullet. Interesting find,Breezie
Palmetto said:Breezie said:It looks like Civil War carved 'camp art' from a hammered CW bullet. Interesting find,Breezie
My thoughts were also that it could be a game peice made from melted lead.
kuger said:Palmetto said:Breezie said:It looks like Civil War carved 'camp art' from a hammered CW bullet. Interesting find,Breezie
My thoughts were also that it could be a game peice made from melted lead.
wouldnt that be cool?Checkers on a string!!


tomjiggy said:Someone posted a thread here a while back that reminds me of this. Maybe a coat or jacket weight sewn into the hem or skirt of the jacket...
Brian C. said:I was told several years back that they used such items as payment or a coin, just a guess.![]()
Hope someone ID's it as such..tomjiggy said:Someone posted a thread here a while back that reminds me of this. Maybe a coat or jacket weight sewn into the hem or skirt of the jacket...
Quote from: Brian C. on Oct 17, 2011, 06:49:51 PM
I was told several years back that they used such items as payment or a coin, just a guess.
thanks for the replies-just getting back to checking.
Hem/curtain wieghts are generally much smaller than this item and this is quite heavy so I dont think that is it.
I, of course like the money idea!.
Palmetto
Palmetto, I think we all like the idea of it being moneyHope someone ID's it as such..
Redneck Republican said:Clock weight or a scale weight?
Are there any numbers on the reverse?