Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 5, 2009 #1 I found this interesting button hunting a site in Raleigh NC. The inside looks like the shell of a golfball! lol any ideas? Attachments 115_1177.webp 70.5 KB · Views: 265 115_1179.webp 25 KB · Views: 264
I found this interesting button hunting a site in Raleigh NC. The inside looks like the shell of a golfball! lol any ideas?
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 5, 2009 Thread Owner #2 wow! thats it! SWEET id jg! AGE?? Its fun to teach the kids and parents on these things! Upvote 0
S seger98 Guest Feb 5, 2009 #3 just-geese said: Just a guess on age would be 50's early 60's J-G Click to expand... Wow, I think you nailed that one! Upvote 0
just-geese said: Just a guess on age would be 50's early 60's J-G Click to expand... Wow, I think you nailed that one!
savant365 Silver Member Joined Mar 28, 2007 Messages 3,941 Reaction score 72 Golden Thread 0 Location Northwest Missouri Detector(s) used ACE 250 Feb 5, 2009 #4 Not trying to be difficult But I did a search for "dimpled button" and found this. It doesn't look like the rim is the same but it's pretty close on the rest of it. The pictures came from the bottom of this link http://images.google.com/imgres?img...hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&sa=N Attachments bgcopper1a (Medium).webp 21.4 KB · Views: 243 bgcopper1b (Medium).webp 15.2 KB · Views: 249 Upvote 0
Not trying to be difficult But I did a search for "dimpled button" and found this. It doesn't look like the rim is the same but it's pretty close on the rest of it. The pictures came from the bottom of this link http://images.google.com/imgres?img...hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&sa=N
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 5, 2009 #5 I guess you shined a light on it to verify that is is indeed a reflector. What color is it, yellow? It may be an old style reflector from a sign. Upvote 0
I guess you shined a light on it to verify that is is indeed a reflector. What color is it, yellow? It may be an old style reflector from a sign.
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 5, 2009 Thread Owner #6 The color just seems to be worn off. Im sure it just "shined" in its day! lol Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 5, 2009 #7 It probably is bicycle but these reflector buttons were very common on old signs. I will try to find a pic. Upvote 0
It probably is bicycle but these reflector buttons were very common on old signs. I will try to find a pic.
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 5, 2009 #8 I cant seem to find a dimpled sign reflector on a quick search but here is the idea. http://www.google.com/patents?id=6v...ton&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1#PPA1,M1 just curious, glass or plastic? Upvote 0
I cant seem to find a dimpled sign reflector on a quick search but here is the idea. http://www.google.com/patents?id=6v...ton&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1#PPA1,M1 just curious, glass or plastic?
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 5, 2009 Thread Owner #9 well, the tapping on my tooth says hard plastic! lol Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 5, 2009 #10 I concur with justgeese, bicycle. Upvote 0