honey do list

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
was headin out yesterday to the luckyT, the wife gives me the list, its time to do a smelting shes needs her grubstake now!!!

so im stuck in front of the panning station for the next couple days, making an amalgam ball.

let me know if ya want to see pics of amalgamation and smelting?

friday we finaly finished the pocket i found at the first of the year it bottomed out at about 4 foot.

getting hot here allready and the boulder spot is cursed, the tortoise is on hold for a few.
we are heading out to a ledge i found last year it has some decent looking gold, i think i will get my next
pocket to dig at this spot.

With a little luck we will hit course gold this time.

rick57

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2013
I would like to see your pics of the refining process. My friend and I have been looking at some ore dumps and sooner or later we are going to have to get a crusher. (Pipes and hammers are very labor intensive..) But I am very interested in your process and especially your amalgam technique.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im trying to get a video on here but i cant figure out how to geter done ?

Jay boy got his cast off yesterday, 3 weeks we can get our drywasher up to the ledge we have intrest in. We have to tote it up, 2800 foot on the mnt.
I have had my eye on this spot for a while. we were up there 1 time got some samples that were showing very good values.

Picks will be hammerin this spot this weekend with the bug, hes takin to the bleepin, and has very good luck he hasnt found a nugg yet ( that is he hasnt told me about one yet he
may be holding out on the old man). he has found coinage and lots of unique
artifacts, and bottles he has the bottle luck.

View attachment 771669 View attachment 771666 View attachment 771667 View attachment 771670

Im going to go to work on the vein system, see if i can find a pocket the old timers missed, and i have a good feelin i might find a little placer.

Jboy wont be up till saturday evening hes got some school stuff to do, jeannes going to drop him off at the hwy and hes going pack in to our camp, and finish
up sat night and sunday with us.

hope to have a few good samples dug this trip, we have see how deep our dig is going to be, we have the good fortune of gravity to help our efforts, the slope we are on is + 45
degrees, have to wear helmuts and at times saftey harness are needed up there
if you fall its a nasty roll off the mnt at least 500 feet or more, if your lucky enough to catch a boulder.

will get some pics of the dig it will take a few weeks to prospect the vein. we might get to see a cat this time out.

heres some pics of our target area,camp and the crew gearing up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread