LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: "Honoring The Fallen"

Awesome Pic!

Just heard on the news about kids being asked what Memorial Day means to them...one response was: "The pool opens up"....we just don't teach our kids anymore why we celebrate certain holidays. Sad.

My boys will be in the Memorial Day parade/ceremony at the oceanfront today (19th Street). I will be at work >:(

If anyone is in Va Beach and goes to the ceremony...Troop 65 ... that's our troop!!! Wish I could be there....

Thanks for posting VanGone and what a handsome young man!!! Thank you to your son for his service to GOD and COUNTRY!!!
Happy Memorial Day,
Annmarie

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

VanGone,

You and your son are raising your kids right!

When I see young people like that, I don't worry quite so much about the future.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

trusty said:
VanGone,

You and your son are raising your kids right!

When I see young people like that, I don't worry quite so much about the future.
Thank you Trusty,its appreciated.When my Son was growing up I think he thought I was hard on him,but I can see that he teaches his Son the way he was taught.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Right On Stryker.

Thank you Annmarie, and its cool to hear about your boys being in the parade.My Grandson really like the Cub Scouts.

Thank you rmptr

Thank you Cynangyl. I posted another picture of my Grandson sleeping at night with his Dads uniform on. He missed his Dad so much because his Dad was gone all the time due to his job with the Army. My Son put that picture on his desktop on his computer,but had to remove it because it made him feel as you,with the tears flowing.This was taken with my Sons cell phone so it is not of the best quality,but the subject matter is cool to me anyway.
Van

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

This picture is worthy of national recognition . The message it represents is loud and clear !! Excellent picture and post :thumbsup: Margie

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

CarolinaDigs said:
This picture is worthy of national recognition . The message it represents is loud and clear !! Excellent picture and post :thumbsup: Margie
Thanks for the nice comments CD. It goes to show that all good pictures are not always taken with expensive cameras.He knows the camera I have is a good one and he was kidding me about using his 2mega pixel cell phone. I agree the message it sends is loud and clear.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Bridge End Farm said:
Excellent shot indeed :thumbsup:

honoring those who honored us with thier lives
Thank you Bridge End Farm.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

wesfrye53 said:
That's a great photo Van!
Thank you Wes, you guys taking good care of Tyler Smith the Iowa transfer down there in Tenn? Sure wish he would have stayed here,he's a good one and Iowa could have really used him!
Van

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

VanGone said:
Thank you Cynangyl. I posted another picture of my Grandson sleeping at night with his Dads uniform on. He missed his Dad so much because his Dad was gone all the time due to his job with the Army. My Son put that picture on his desktop on his computer,but had to remove it because it made him feel as you,with the tears flowing.This was taken with my Sons cell phone so it is not of the best quality,but the subject matter is cool to me anyway.
Van

gracious....I am certain that one is entirely too precious too! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, it is indeed sad that a day such as Memorial Day is celebrated by millions but only understood by a few. Your grandson's small salute is a huge recognition of the price that was paid by its recipient. My flag was flying at my home all weekend and it was the only one on our street. You can buy a cheap flag for 19 bucks but yet I see more expensive decoration on homes at Halloween. :-\

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Thank you Packerbacker,you think on the same line as I do.

Thanks Happy Harry and doobie,its appreciated !
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post Van. Fossis................

Top Member Reactions