What's new

Hood ornament?

niffler

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
916
Reaction score
1,386
Golden Thread
1
Location
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my brother found this. I think it is a hood ornament, but what kind? Also any ideas about who might collect something like this? Thanks, Niffler
 

Attachments

  • P8260158.webp
    P8260158.webp
    25 KB · Views: 412
  • P8260159.webp
    P8260159.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 440
  • P8260160.webp
    P8260160.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 410
Yeah, cheese, that's really close. My thoughts when I first saw it was "Flying J", but searching on the net got me nowhere. What cars or truck makers start with J?
 
Upvote 0
It is a Radiator Cap off of a early model
Jewett Six Automobile, made between 1923
and 1926.

Hay2
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 2326jewettFlyingJmascot_Bay.webp
    2326jewettFlyingJmascot_Bay.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
Thank you haybudden2, and everyone, a perfect match...I have marked it as solved! Niffler
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom