What's new

Hook Thing with rope?

Buck(PA)

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eldred, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV, Whites Classic ID
Hey guys found this thing today... its the thing with the long rope with the hook attached.... the house that I found it at dates back to the 1850's and I have found civil war things there before.... the rope is about 4 feet long.... Thanks for the help!

21jykc5.jpg


Whatzit:
eufvxi.jpg


Another Shot:
1409c1i.jpg
 
The hook part looks as though it has been broken. It appears that it at one time was a loop and was broken. My first impression was some sort of fishing tackle. Is it lead?
Scott
 
Upvote 0
AU24K said:
The hook part looks as though it has been broken. It appears that it at one time was a loop and was broken. My first impression was some sort of fishing tackle. Is it lead?
Scott

I'm not sure if it is lead or not... but that is a slit you see made from some kind of knife or something... i dont think the hook curled around and attached there.... still not sure but thanks! HH
 
Upvote 0
Looks like window sash cord but I can't explain the hook thingie unless it hooked to the window frame in some way .
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a plumb bob?

The knots tied on the twine was used by the mason for marks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom