Horner Military School Button, Civil War Token, Coins, Bullets & Relics!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time this weekend & made some great finds! I went to a late 18th century plantation Friday & a Civil War camp Saturday. While checking a new field near the camp we stumbled on a couple bullets & a pretty productive home site (long gone). My best find was the Horner Military School button, it's been on my bucket list for a while! I recently loaned the county museum 3 items from the school for the bicentennial exhibit & guess I will add this to it! The Civil War token is a first & also a very cool piece of history. The banjo tensioner is also a very neat find. I found a nice assortment of bullets, coins & other relics as well. Can't wait to do it again! horner.pngcivtok.pngbanjo.pngcivsir.pngmycoings.pnginjuns.pngsash2.pngsash.pngmy_stuf.pnginjun.pngmy_stuf_eh.png

Upvote 14
Now that was a nice unt! Those are some relics and coins anyone would like finding:thumbsup:

Nice assortment. Love the sash buckle.

Thanks! Both were very mangled when I found them (one almost in a "ball"), glad I took the time to carefully bend them back into shape, they turned out nice considering!

Congrats on the nice digs and the always impressive post and pics. :occasion14:

Killer group of finds. Love the pics and descriptions

That's awesome that you dug a Horner School button. They don't show up very often and I know how much you wanted one. Congrats!

Very well done Josh! You got a lot of really nice stuff over the weekend. Congrats.

nice variety of finds,very sweet button.

I had a great time this weekend & made some great finds! I went to a late 18th century plantation Friday & a Civil War camp Saturday. While checking a new field near the camp we stumbled on a couple bullets & a pretty productive home site (long gone). My best find was the Horner Military School button, it's been on my bucket list for a while! I recently loaned the county museum 3 items from the school for the bicentennial exhibit & guess I will add this to it! The Civil War token is a first & also a very cool piece of history. The banjo tensioner is also a very neat find. I found a nice assortment of bullets, coins & other relics as well. Can't wait to do it again!View attachment 1279177View attachment 1279178View attachment 1279179View attachment 1279180View attachment 1279181View attachment 1279182View attachment 1279183View attachment 1279184View attachment 1279185View attachment 1279186View attachment 1279187

Sweet Finds Magnum ....
Lot's of Cool Stuff.
Great ID on the Drum piece as well.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back