What's new

Horse head

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today it has a horses head on the inside any ideas on this one ?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 149.webp
    Picture 149.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Picture 150.webp
    Picture 150.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 300
  • Picture 151.webp
    Picture 151.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 291
Looks like a Brooch.....

SS.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Ah ya beat me to it. yep, .....Decoration :thumbsup:
Looks a bit thick for that don't you think :P

SS.
 
Upvote 0
Silversearcher I agree, the green check might have been a little premature. As you said, the object is thicker than any rosettes we usually find. As well, the sides are straight, rather than crimped over the steel back. Also, the entire object (front and back) is tin, rather than brass with a steel back. This might possibly be a style of rosette we've never seen before, but to me it looks much more like a tin of some kind.
 
Upvote 0
The reason I put the green check is because I looked on ebay and saw a few that were similar. After hearing what everyone else has to say I see what you mean mine is not crimped and appears to be thicker then the others. I will remove the green check. Thanks everyone for your input.
 
Upvote 0
I agree, it is not a rosette, but more likely a tin, due to the thickness.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom