What's new

Horse hoof repair?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,627
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horse hoof repair?

OK more weird lead. Dug this off what was a muddy supply line during the civil war. I am thinking it was fashioned to be used on an animal that needed foot repair from being wet all the time. Looks to have square nails holes in it and was poured on the ground.
What do you all think?
Thanks!
HH
TnMtns
 

Attachments

  • 100_3188.webp
    100_3188.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_3189.webp
    100_3189.webp
    53 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_3190.webp
    100_3190.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 227
Re: Horse hoof repair?

traderoftreasure said:
heal plate? for old boots

Could be .. Did they make them out of lead ? I would hate for that nail to go in my foot!! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Horse hoof repair?

nail positions wouldn't be correct for shoeing an animals or nailing to a hoof wall that I can see

My horses would never have that pattern nailed to their hoof

other than that bit of guessing, I don't have a clue lol
 
Upvote 0
Re: Horse hoof repair?

FarmerChick said:
nail positions wouldn't be correct for shoeing an animals or nailing to a hoof wall that I can see

My horses would never have that pattern nailed to their hoof

other than that bit of guessing, I don't have a clue lol

Nails are to far in for a horse. That makes sense. Maybe it was to repair a shoe or boot in a hurry. Was just curious as I have not seen lead poured like this.
Thank you FarmChick
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom