What's new

Horse nearly killed me

Vikingblood

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm walking backwards out of the surf with scoop full of sound and boom I get whacked. It was a very steep slope and the horse slipped and kept going lower looking for solid ground until he hit me with his butt. Detector and scoop going flying and I hit the ground. I was the only person on the beach for miles in both directions and she (the rider) managed to hit me! Then had the nerve to ride off and not even stop to see if I was ok!
I had no idea it was coming. My earphones where on so I had no idea they were coming. One second I'm walking backwards with scoop full of sand hoping to find a goody. Next thing I know BOOM I'm down.

How could she just trot off with out checking in me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The ignorant are like tourist..... there everywhere.
 
Sorry to hear that and glad you're ok,but I bet she snatched out what was in the scoop! Very crafty of her.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
That's so uncool. Maybe she was trying to scare you being the only one on the beach and run by you,.but instead ended up coming a little too close. Glad your ok and your detector I hope.
 
Was the horses name Silver. glad u didnt get hurt.
 
I'm walking backwards out of the surf with scoop full of sound and boom I get whacked. It was a very steep slope and the horse slipped and kept going lower looking for solid ground until he hit me with his butt. Detector and scoop going flying and I hit the ground. I was the only person on the beach for miles in both directions and she (the rider) managed to hit me WTF! Then had the nerve to ride off and not even stop to see if I was ok. WTF!
I had no idea it was coming. My earphones where on so I had no idea they were coming. One second I'm walking backwards with scoop full of sand hoping to find a goody. Next thing I know BOOM I'm down.

How could she just trot off with out checking in me.

Sounds like a hit and run to me.
Should not be hard to track down where the horse came from.
I would report lt: (police/life guards), they may
know who it is and it may of happened before.

Could be someone was riding that horse without permission or knowledge of the owner.
Or the rider could of thought it was a horse jacking and fled.

I am not saying she was at fault as you could of backed into her and she had know idea you were comming. However, both of you should of checked each other out to be sure there were no injuries rather than just ride off.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about it, inconsiderate jerks are everywhere these days it seems.
 
She may have been a young person and was scared but she should have stopped!
Horses are a handful sometimes and can get away from you and things can get out of hand!
Hope you're ok!
 
Last edited:
And they walk among'st us!:dontknow:
 
Huge bruise on back showed up today. Excal is trashed and I just got it fixed. I did walk backwards and did not check behind me first. But it's a huge beach and I was the only person around for miles. Whatever; I guess.

Crap happens.

Still can't believe she did not stop.
 
Huge bruise on back showed up today. Excal is trashed and I just got it fixed. I did walk backwards and did not check behind me first. But it's a huge beach and I was the only person around for miles. Whatever; I guess.

Crap happens.

Still can't believe she did not stop.

Sorry to hear about your pain and damage to your Excal.
Even though beaches are hughe, beach goers normally follow paths.
Is suspect the same would be true when riding a horse.

Even if your were walking forward, you still might not of seen her as you are looking down
and focused as you need to overlap your coil sweeps.
Plus a horse would approach much faster.

Not to nick pick. but you and the horse rider may of been the only one around for miles.
There may of been more, that you did not see.

Also, the rider may of panicked - that could be the case if she thougth she was being attacked, especially since no one else was around.
 
Last edited:
This would have been a GREAT story if you maked love to her on the beach...
 
Quite a few horses and a minority of ponies are known to possess a strong bias against metal detectorists.
 
I think that is the strangest story I have ever read on this forum! Glad your alright!
 
It was bizarre.
 
Damn horse****:laughing7:
Not being the ----- here but the horse was doing what the rider was directing it to do therefore....darn rider ha ha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are so inconsiderate she was probably texting. I'm glad your OK
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom