What's new

Horse nearly killed me

Vikingblood

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
212
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm walking backwards out of the surf with scoop full of sound and boom I get whacked. It was a very steep slope and the horse slipped and kept going lower looking for solid ground until he hit me with his butt. Detector and scoop going flying and I hit the ground. I was the only person on the beach for miles in both directions and she (the rider) managed to hit me! Then had the nerve to ride off and not even stop to see if I was ok!
I had no idea it was coming. My earphones where on so I had no idea they were coming. One second I'm walking backwards with scoop full of sand hoping to find a goody. Next thing I know BOOM I'm down.

How could she just trot off with out checking in me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
She didn't care if you were OK, because you are an old, no good, fat, gray haired, bum - just out looking for pennies on the beach!! :laughing7:
 
Reminder that TN is a family friendly forum....
 
I am glad to see you are Ok .. But we always have to keep our eye's & ear's on alert .. Be safe
 
Pennies on the beach?!

image-4094823681.webp

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2067045852.webp
    image-2067045852.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-328622767.webp
    image-328622767.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3363658140.webp
    image-3363658140.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 110
Thank goodness you're just bruised. This would have laid me up for some time and just another reminder to be careful out there. You can be in the right, but if you get trampled by a horse or run over by someone driving on the beach, you'll be "Dead Right". Most people who ride horses are nice people, but there are exceptions. This young lady might have been frightened, but there's no excuse for not sending someone back to check on you. It seems she has no conscience.
 
I own a horse. I ride all the time. to be 'near you' even on a wide open beach is just crazy. what the? she ain't no rider in my eyes!

and to not check on you. OMG! a horse is huge and can do damage very easily to a person with little contact. Ask me how I know :) :)

it is bizarre for sure and glad you didn't get hurt more. crazy. Me being a rider, know what it involves etc., I would be tracking down that biotch for a little chat! LOL
 
Crazy I know. And this is a very big beach with lots of room. There was no reason to have been near me. And to not stop and check on me she had to have known the horse hit me. Aggghh$/):??:!!:$:$
 
Crazy I know. And this is a very big beach with lots of room. There was no reason to have been near me. And to not stop and check on me she had to have known the horse hit me. Aggghh$/):??:!!:$:$

I like to hunt!
A rider on a horse should not be hard to track down.
This would really bother me, as I would want to know why?
The action(s) that would follow, would depend on the reason why!
Some things you let go, as IT happens!
The horse may of just spooked, and could not be controlled.
If it was deliberate or she was careless, I would let her know under no uncertain
terms that it would be best for her to ride somewhere else when you are detecting.
 
Last edited:
wow that's crazy! Is it possible the rider didn't see you? sounds like the horse was going backwards too if it hit you with its butt, maybe the rider never turned around as the horse was slipping?? I can't imagine someone wouldn't stop if they saw you but then again these days, who knows?
 
Wow where did that last post come from???????????????????????????????????????
 
Yea. Some dude pulling his kid on a board slammed in the back of me this summer. Almost knocked me on the ground but luckily I am a lot bigger than he was. He did apologize but it should have never happened.
 
a spooked horse on a wide open beach? hmmm. have my doubts, mostly the metal detector dude would be the spook item and the horse would be going in the opposite direction actually.

I think way too much horse for the rider. big time accident waiting to happen to that rider. It is amazing how many ride too much horse under them yet they think they have control :)
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom