SeekerProB
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2018
- Messages
- 315
- Reaction score
- 1,257
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- South East Alabama
- Detector(s) used
- Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
My first guess would be a horse harness or tack buckle.
But the opening where the leather strap runs through seems too small for a horse harness... so maybe a watch fob?
Dave
To big for that I think. But you are right, the strap loops are not big enough for the average price of leather to run through.

What does the back look like?
I have it mounted in a display case. When I get a chance I will get it out again.Can you post a photo of the back anyway.
Here are a examples of buckle shields I found a few years ago in an early 20thc horse paddock, now a city park.
Yours looks to be much too thick to be a buckle shield?
Dave
Here are a examples of buckle shields I found a few years ago in an early 20thc horse paddock, now a city park.
Yours looks to be much too thick to be a buckle shield?
Dave