What's new

Hot wheels collectors

floodcitykid

Full Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
I was wondering if there are any sites that price hot wheels toy cars/trucks etc.

Have a PILE of them from the early 90's still in their boxes.

Thanks

Floodcitykid
 
Yep.. books are your friend.. and having allot of them.. But you have to realize what the books says a value for a particular car is, is not what someone is willing to pay for it.. There are a number of hot wheels clubs and even a hot wheels registry. (online) But if you cars are just from the 90's, chances are they aren't worth anything now.. and typically if you have a full set.. (the year cars 12 in all) can go for much more then just a single car. Also damaged cards.. can detract the buyer.. Treasure hunts or (TH) for short.. can bring about $10 - $15 dollars.. They use to bring much more, but I've noticed a drop in prices.
 
Type in google----- texas hot wheels
 
I used to laugh at you guys until I started seeing these things sell for incredible prices at flea markets. Rare, not rare, red line on wheels, no red line, they all sold. Amazing. Your 90's will sell too, I bet...
 
I was a diecast collector for years ...about 3 years ago I had a house fire and lost over 30,000 diecast cars....I rebuilt some of the collection but not nearly what I lost....If you know what to lookk for diecast cars can be pretty valuable to other collectors....like anything esle you have to do your homewoirk though....

As far as a site for values...try this South Texas Diecast - Hot Wheels Casting Guide / Checklist/ Price Guide

Its not all emcompassing but will give you a genral idea of values...Good Luck....Shorty
 
Hi All, Just snoop'en around and found this thread.
I agree with Shorty Buckshot, any time I look for a value I go to South Texas Diecast
I still pick up a few now an then. I have maybe 1500 or so not worth much but hay I like'em.
 
Just as anything else eye candy always helps and of course quality.
 
I was a diecast collector for years ...about 3 years ago I had a house fire and lost over 30,000 diecast cars....I rebuilt some of the collection but not nearly what I lost....If you know what to lookk for diecast cars can be pretty valuable to other collectors....like anything esle you have to do your homewoirk though....

As far as a site for values...try this South Texas Diecast - Hot Wheels Casting Guide / Checklist/ Price Guide

Its not all emcompassing but will give you a genral idea of values...Good Luck....Shorty

A great site to look up all the cars I still have , tho most are pretty beat up & from the 1977-1982 range.
Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom