diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these yesterday. The Hotel Hoffman may have been in Old Colorado City. I found it in Cripple Creek and hopefully the hotel was in the mining district. More research is needed. I haven't found a button in a while, I'm not sure what it is from. It's a Horstmann and co. Let me know if you know what it is. Is it A S or S V? Happy Hunting!!! IMG_20210726_185049162~3.jpg IMG_20210726_185057397.jpg

Upvote 9

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!!, Looks Like you button is a "VS" not AS... It would be in the Albert Book a VN20 which is Sons of Veterns Button... Cool Find

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!!, Looks Like you button is a "VS" not AS... It would be in the Albert Book a VN20 which is Sons of Veterns Button... Cool Find

Thanks erfranks, I found another one when I first started detecting that was from the Sons of Veterans. I had put it on eBay and eBay took it down for some reason. If you have your book handy maybe you could look this one up for me, or tell me anything about it. Thanks!! IMG_20210727_073204024~2.jpg

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks erfranks, I found another one when I first started detecting that was from the Sons of Veterans. I had put it on eBay and eBay took it down for some reason. If you have your book handy maybe you could look this one up for me, or tell me anything about it. Thanks!! View attachment 1939498

What is the backmark on the back.
but to me looks like a 3 piece NY militia Staff button.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the backmark on the back.
but to me looks like a 3 piece NY militia Staff button.

Thanks for responding. The back is gone. What's strange is I listed it on eBay a long time ago and they took down the listing.( I forget the reason they said) I thought I had tracked it down to a Sons of Veterans button. I'll check into the NY button. Thank you. IMG_20210727_082353996.jpg

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks R J, E-track , and scruggs! I sold the two others I found. Now I wish I would have kept them.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO cool! I shudder to think about the things that hotel tag has seen. Such a simple piece of copper/brass, but with so much history to it. So many stories to tell if it could talk...

Congrats, man. I love this kind of stuff.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO cool! I shudder to think about the things that hotel tag has seen. Such a simple piece of copper/brass, but with so much history to it. So many stories to tell if it could talk...

Congrats, man. I love this kind of stuff.

Thanks Shakakka,
Some of the old key tags I've found are so ornate. This one is simple, I sure like it. I need to track down the location and see what is there now. Thanks for responding!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread