What's new

Old hotel-1950 s ice cream stand

Whatdayagot

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit the old hotel property { no longer there) property has been a I e cream stand since the 50s so there is plenty of pull tabs cans etc I found a windshield wiper arm n blade from a older car and a horseshoe yesterday lol these things were the best finds yesterday I found that 1864 two cent piece here a week or two ago and some early 1900s silver . Property might have been farmland to a 1700s house 150 yards away . Not much is known of this place . Also the continental army ate lunch on the property of the 1700s immediately after the rev war ended while on a march to Philadelphia . A riot had broken out there and help was requested . In what I read Washington dispatched the “main branch” of the continental army . Years ago I found a continental army ammo bag buckle on the lawn of the 1700s house deep in the root system of a giant old dead tree . I love this sash buckle design I found the piece on the back that had broke off . I’m guessing it was a sash buckle I guess it could have been a broach but it’s kinda big but who knows . The other thing is a very heavy lead statue of a horse unknown what that was to ? Hope you enjoy looking
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5413.webp
    IMG_5413.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5412.webp
    IMG_5412.webp
    2 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 16
hit the old hotel property { no longer there) property has been a I e cream stand since the 50s so there is plenty of pull tabs cans etc I found a windshield wiper arm n blade from a older car and a horseshoe yesterday lol these things were the best finds yesterday I found that 1864 two cent piece here a week or two ago and some early 1900s silver . Property might have been farmland to a 1700s house 150 yards away . Not much is known of this place . Also the continental army ate lunch on the property of the 1700s immediately after the rev war ended while on a march to Philadelphia . A riot had broken out there and help was requested . In what I read Washington dispatched the “main branch” of the continental army . Years ago I found a continental army ammo bag buckle on the lawn of the 1700s house deep in the root system of a giant old dead tree . I love this sash buckle design I found the piece on the back that had broke off . I’m guessing it was a sash buckle I guess it could have been a broach but it’s kinda big but who knows . The other thing is a very heavy lead statue of a horse unknown what that was to ? Hope you enjoy looking
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5419.webp
    IMG_5419.webp
    146.8 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom