What's new

How about an answer on this buckle you smarties

Southie E.J.

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Boston Ma
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER, MINELABS 705, and ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this buckle on my forever giving site. It looks old, but not real old. Anything? On the back it says solid brass.
 

Attachments

  • july 5th buckle solid brass.webp
    july 5th buckle solid brass.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 179
  • july 5th buckle solid brass.webp
    july 5th buckle solid brass.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 177
is the stock flat or round?
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
is the stock flat or round?

It looks flat to me, so I am going to guess that it is not a buckle at all, but rather the thumb portion of an old snap-latch such as seen on suitcases, trunks, etc.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
creskol said:
is the stock flat or round?

It looks flat to me, so I am going to guess that it is not a buckle at all, but rather the thumb portion of an old snap-latch such as seen on suitcases, trunks, etc.

Thanks! I wonder why they would put the words SOLID BRASS on the back of it since its not worn on the body?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom