How are all of our Ukrainian Tnet friends doing?

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understood:laughing7: When the war broke he tried to enlist everywhere else but he was too old.The Navy recruiter steered him to the SeaBees,which was a new concept at the time.He was a carpenter,a good one,and served on New Georgia and Vella LaVella building barracks and other buildings for the air elements sent there. Can,t find any thing but good to say about SeaBees brother,they make Marines lives easier.:occasion14:
I wonder how common it was for a father and son to both serve in WWII?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how common it was for a father and son to both serve in WWII?
I think it was more common than usually thought.My Granddad enlisted right after Pearl Harbor and my Dad was drafted when he graduated HS in 1943. My Granddad came home in mid 1944 because he hurt his back and they couldn,t do anything for him out there. My Dad was at Tacloban when the war ended. I don,t think they deliberately drafted a father and son,but cases like this were more common.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli, how’s things going with your banking? I’m curious if you folks are still experiencing technical difficulties? @chillie

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young Ukranian girl is one of my neighbors. She works with us on maintenance here at the apartment complex sometimes. Her brother is in that steel plant. Haven't heard any updates, but it don't look good. My property manager, boss of my second job, is Russian, and he presents a whole different view on that situation. I don't know anything about the politics over there, but non-combatants shouldn't be killed. And thank you Lord that nobody dropped a bomb or fired a missile on my house today.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please remember this is not the politics forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions