What's new

How can i buy coins off of here and still have a secure transaction

craigpcdmc

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I am a CHRer who isn't getting much luck but still wants to build my collection. I am also a US coin collector so I HATE it when people send coins to a refiner. How can i get a legit transaction off of here with out getting ripped off. I have seen some contests when you guys send coins to each other, but that is ONE coin to ONE person for FREE. Not coin to one person money to another. I dont mean to come across as an untrustworthy person, but am concerned. I know i will send the money, i am just concerned about the other person sending the coin. Ideas :help:
 
Upvote 0
craigpcdmc said:
I am a CHRer who isn't getting much luck but still wants to build my collection. I am also a US coin collector so I HATE it when people send coins to a refiner. How can i get a legit transaction off of here with out getting ripped off. I have seen some contests when you guys send coins to each other, but that is ONE coin to ONE person for FREE. Not coin to one person money to another. I dont mean to come across as an untrustworthy person, but am concerned. I know i will send the money, i am just concerned about the other person sending the coin. Ideas :help:

Unfortunatly its based on trust, you can always ask for vouchers, but it still comes down to trust overall. I've sold some coin here and on ebay, unfortunatly nothing left at the moment =P. As for the money i almost always use paypal. Paypal is usually pretty good and if they arnt just pick a fight, worked for me on ebay once.
 
Not much you can do. Just send off the money and pray it gets there. I guess you could call the police if you get hustled, but it would have to be worth fighting for.
 
i would suggest a pm between parties and the exchange of phone numbers and talk on the phone with your seller. i also heard of a guy that sent his items via u.s. mail insured and cash on delivery from the buyer
 
I have used Paypall as a buyer in at least 15 transactions and have had no problems. So far so good.
 
silvercop said:
i would suggest a pm between parties and the exchange of phone numbers and talk on the phone with your seller. i also heard of a guy that sent his items via u.s. mail insured and cash on delivery from the buyer

A C.O.D, why didn't I think of that. Very smart, silvercop.
 
Cash on delivery with insurance. Or cash on the wood (face to face).
 
Whenever I deal with someone online I ask for references.

An ebay account goes a long way in establishing a level of trust. Sometimes it is a few emails from people who have done business with them in the past.

I have had a few guys try to scam me and they would email me using multiple email addresses with the same cookie cutter praise of the seller and it was pretty easy to spot.

Many websites has a section for feedback between members and that is a good place to look also.

You might try PMing people on this board who have done business with them.

There is however always a certain risk in dealing with anyone.
 
When I sold my Type Two Jefferson nickel album (1962-1995), the transaction was pretty good. The buyer was Fisher2, if you ever want to trade, I would go with him.
 
Some poeple on here have references and would be easy to trust. Go with those that have been on the board a while and others have traded with. PLus the idea of paypal gives assurances to you, and you can even protest the payment if you don't get the product. As for COD, I wouldn't want to send COD, just for the extra cost and personally I just don't like the idea of COD. That's just me. I'd want money form paypal or a check in hand before i ship.

I also am curious as to what you are looking to buy. Looking for 40% halves? Only 90% silver? Special coins? What's your goal here? That may change how a deal is done.
 
I guess I just trust people too much. I have done deals with a dozen different forum friendlies and I have not been screwed yet. I just send them the money and sit out by my mailbox with my Glock. Pretty soon I get a visit from the federal mail junkies with my goodies. No muss,no fuss. How much money are we talking about ? What kind of coins are you collecting ? We can't help without specifics. Cheers, Jim
 
One way is to ask here in an open forum what people think about certain
crhunter. Lets say that I want to trade with you then I do not see anything wrong
by you asking everybody what they think about me. I have not done alot of trades
just one with the legend, "LJ" and with other crhunter I sent him 1987 Kenns and he sent
me cash.

It is not assurance but at least you have references.

DW
 
coolpix9 said:
I guess I just trust people too much. I have done deals with a dozen different forum friendlies and I have not been screwed yet. I just send them the money and sit out by my mailbox with my Glock. Pretty soon I get a visit from the federal mail junkies with my goodies. No muss,no fuss. How much money are we talking about ? What kind of coins are you collecting ? We can't help without specifics. Cheers, Jim
Thats all that clean livin Jim. Back to that Karma thang, if you expect trouble you'll likely have it. Couldn't resist the K word. HH all, Mark
BTW is my aura on straight?
 
Looks fine from here SS! :icon_thumright: :laughing9:
 
You could buy them from me. I have some serious references.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
You could buy them from me. I have some serious references.
HH
Rich

Or me too, I've got up to 20 rolls to sell if some one wants to make an offer- they are %40's; only have no references, you'll just have to trust me, guess -but my FleaBay rating is 27. Will insure the pkg too as had one pkg disappear don't wana suffer :-\ that again. (It was in Dlv Carriers hands but never got delivered, he left notice to come to Post oficeto pick it up but it never showed up back at Post Office and the Mail Man of course don't r-e-m-e-m-b-e-r even leaving the notice.
 
obediah said:
Rich Hartford said:
You could buy them from me. I have some serious references.
HH
Rich

Or me too, I've got up to 20 rolls to sell if some one wants to make an offer- they are %40's; only have no references, you'll just have to trust me, guess -but my FleaBay rating is 27. Will insure the pkg too as had one pkg disappear don't wana suffer :-\ that again. (It was in Dlv Carriers hands but never got delivered, he left notice to come to Post oficeto pick it up but it never showed up back at Post Office and the Mail Man of course don't r-e-m-e-m-b-e-r even leaving the notice.
You have to insure everything, to many thieves about these days
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom