kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.I was wondering if anyone here would be able to tell me how i would go about voluntiering to do something.I'm 46 single and live a pretty mundane life.I'm laid off in the winter but from march-April till Oct.-Nov. I work for a tent rental co.I get up go to work come home eat,sleep and then get up and do it again.What i would like to do is go to Iraq and maybe do something for the children that must be going through an unimaginable hell.I'm to old for the military witch i don't think is fair at all.I have family and friends headed that way (all barely 20 yr's old)To me it makes more sense to send someone more experienced with life.Granted you wont find me running 20 miles with a 100 lb's on my back,but i could damn well crawl if i had to ! ;) Kinda like the story of the old bull and the young bull. :D But anyhow I would appreciate any input.....Thanks...Terry Porter aka "kieser sousa" "rip"

Check your local chapter of Disabled American Veterans or the local Homeless Coalition. Those are a couple off the top of my head that always need volunteer assistance....

Congrats for your caring attitude - don't see much of that now days.

Night Stalker...

Maybe Red Cross or Salvation Army . Thanks for caring . To many just want to cut + run . After 911 the whole country was up in arms , american flags everywhere . Now that the going got tough it's cut + run .

"Paddle faster, I hear banjos."......Whoooo...LMAO....that took me back a few years! Good one!

Hmmmmmm.... i have a sink full of dishes that need to be washed... i also have tons of housework as well...... LOL

wishbone1958 said:
Hmmmmmm.... i have a sink full of dishes that need to be washed... i also have tons of housework as well...... LOL
Hey wishbone when or if i ever get to mine i would be glad to help ! :D ;D

kieser right after 9/11 i tried getting back in, but been out to long and too old. I was in the Corp 76-82. I told them how dang young do u have to be to stop a bullet. I would gladly take a hit if it prevented one of these youngens that ain`t lived any of there life yet from taking a hit. Plus us old crafty sons a guns don`t go down as easy. But ran into dead ends, so i`ll just wait til it breaks loose here

Instead of going overseas, how about working at a Veterans' Hospital? I bet they could use some volunteers to read to Vets or help with therapy and stuff. I humbly bow to your generous and caring offer. Best to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back