What's new

how could i

fisher2

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
363
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe its just me that uses a strainer but after i get to a certain depth i dont have the weight to push it down to get the sand in the bucket how could i make it so i had weight at all times ? im thinking about using leg weights
 
Upvote 0
If your serious about beach hunting, pony up and get a real scoop. You'll be glad ya did...
 
i dont have the funds for it right now
 
When I used a strainer, I just used a shovel and threw the sand in and "shook"!
 
thats easy if im at waist if im up twords torso im kinda dead in the water
 
Oh! Water hunting!? You HAVE to get a scoop! Go to a soccer field or two or three and save your clad to buy one, orrrrrrrrrrrrr, There's a guy from Hawaii who has a video on this forum for building your own from pretty cheap Home Depot stuff. It was pretty cool, and another video from a Canadian who followed his advice and shows you how well it worked!
 
yeah we've built (and broke) 2 so far one failed in my mins(my try) one broke in 4 hours(dads attempt)
 
I hate to see stuff go unused, I have a old scoop.....if you want it, just pay the postage.....I made it several years ago, looks like the Nuttall with a wood handle, I would ship the scoop part only to keep the cost down you just have to get a handle for it, I have not used it for a long time, and may never..so best to be had by someone who needs one....it is ruff but is good for the wet sand and in the water, would not recommend for the dry.....let me know........Joe
 

Attachments

  • scoop1.webp
    scoop1.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 334
  • scoop.webp
    scoop.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 345
someone else made one out of a pet food scoop they got at Ace hdwe. Drilled some holes, added two u bolts and a wood handle (wheelbarrow i think) and for under 20 american waaaalaaaa.
 
If your going to hunt in the water you need a water scoop, anything else and your pi...... in the wind if you know what I mean. You may detect a nice diamond ring, but don't have the tools to recover it.....

You may as well be trying to bail out a sinking boat with the strainer.
 
OldeBeechnut said:
I hate to see stuff go unused, I have a old scoop.....if you want it, just pay the postage.....I made it several years ago, looks like the Nuttall with a wood handle, I would ship the scoop part only to keep the cost down you just have to get a handle for it, I have not used it for a long time, and may never..so best to be had by someone who needs one....it is ruff but is good for the wet sand and in the water, would not recommend for the dry.....let me know........Joe

OldeBeechnut,

That is a very generous offer you made to him. He is obviously working hard with his new machaine, and we can all remember times when coming up with surplus cash for a hobby wasn't realistic. You should be commended for your effort to help out a fellow tnetter.

This is what this forum should be all about, helping each other.


-Fathead
 
OLD BEECHNUT :icon_thumright: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:
what a great gesture!!!!!! he or she???? will be thrilled!
hope i get to meet you someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
seeker41 said:
OLD BEECHNUT :icon_thumright: :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:
what a great gesture!!!!!! he or she???? will be thrilled!
hope i get to meet you someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im def a guy lol although i dont mind being called a girl im used to it
 
are you going to take old beechnuts scoop? thought you might be one of the two in your picture, just didnt know wich one :dontknow:
 
i sent him a pm
 
Very nice gesture OldeBeechnut. :sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom