What's new

How did everybody do for the year?

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
1,831
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself, I ended up with the following totals:

90% halves - 15 Walkers, 40 Benjis and 83 Kennedys for a total of 138 90% halves. Each contains .36169 ounces of silver, so I found 49.91 ounces in those 90%. In 40% halves I found 707, each containing .14789 ounces for a total of 104.55 ounces. I also found 6 silver dimes at .07233 ounces each and 17 silver nickels at .05626 ounces each for a total of 1.38 ounce. Grand total of silver (ounces) was 155.84 ounces at a face value cost of $423.95. Basically I paid $2.72 an ounce for the silver. At the current price of 14.66 per ounce total ounces found comes up to a value of $2284.61, and with the face value cost of 423.95 that is a profit of 1860.66. Not too shabby, I will take it.
 
Upvote 0
thats the good thing about this hobby, easy profit! ;Di hope everybodys totals are good in 2008! 8)
 
What are you going to do with the loot?
 
Yesterday i found 65 90% silver coins in one box and 17 40% and in the other 3 40%
 
For right now I am going to keep it. I am going to talk to a coin shop here and see how may 40% I would have to give them to get two 100 oz bars. I will do that trade when I get enough, but going to keep the 90% for now.
 
wayne1956 said:
I am going to talk to a coin shop here and see how may 40% I would have to give them to get two 100 oz bars.

You might want to think aboiut that first. You are going to give him silver to get ... silver. But there's a difference. As the value of silver goes up and down, the bar will go up and down the same. The coins will go up and down potentially the same, or potentially go HIGHER in the ratio, due to numismatic value. For example, if silver goes to $35 per ounce, the bars would be worth about $35 per opunce. The coins would for sure be worth $35 per ounce, but "could" be worth $40 per "ounce" due to the scarcity of coins at that point in the future. a LOT of people are MELTING the 40%ers down, and I could see at some point a potential for something to make those coins go up in value faster than the silver alone. (Like in 2009, when the penny has its 100 year anniversary for the lincolns, I think the value of pennies will go up for a while. THAT is the time to sell pennies. Who knows what will make the half go up. But, it can't hurt o hold the halves instead of the bars)

If you needed the money to buy something, that would be different. But, if you are going to sell silver to buy silver anyway and then save the silver, I would say save the halves. :-) Just my thought.
 
Well thanks too this site I was able to pocket an extra $3750 after melting my coins down. :D
And I already have a great stash started again that will grow. not bad for 3 months of once a week work.
 
Hey, the year's not over yet! My official results will come out New Year's Eve. I'm trying to top 400 40%ers with a last ditch effort at the casinos this weekend.

I have a general idea how I did but no year-end tally is complete without a "vs 2006" comparison. Stay tuned!

Looks like you did pretty well Wayne, congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom